Question about feed

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Question about feed

Post by Shnookie » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:55 pm

Masterfeeds in Regina sells a feed called Poultry grower supplement that has 35% protein and is designed for mixing with grain.

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Question about feed

Post by Happy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:45 am

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Gives me several options to look for. Once I get dinner for 20 over with this weekend i'm going to go haunt a few feed mills and see what I can find. I really don't want to switch to layer just yet as my 3 old girls will shut down laying anytime now to winter (already slowed to a crawl lol) and my youngest still have teeny little vents and nowhere near showing laying signs. Appreciate everyone's willingness to chime in :)

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Question about feed

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:51 am

Shnookie wrote:QR_BBPOST Masterfeeds in Regina sells a feed called Poultry grower supplement that has 35% protein and is designed for mixing with grain.
I bought this protein feed and made my own mix for a while but the chickens would dig out the grain and most of the protein crumbs wound up on the ground.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Question about feed

Post by Happy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:23 am

baronrenfrew wrote:QR_BBPOST
Shnookie wrote:QR_BBPOST Masterfeeds in Regina sells a feed called Poultry grower supplement that has 35% protein and is designed for mixing with grain.
I bought this protein feed and made my own mix for a while but the chickens would dig out the grain and most of the protein crumbs wound up on the ground.
Lol I could totally see my spoiled brats doing that. I spilled a bag of BOSS in the coop the other day while dumping it into a bin...cleaned up as much as I could but it was mixed up with floor shavings so left a bunch for them to clean up. They scratched 1/2 the shavings right out of the coop to find every last seed!

Return to “Feed Choices”