McDonald's corner sale

tpaq1972
Newly Hatched Chick

McDonald's corner sale

Post by tpaq1972 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:27 pm

I am planning on going to the sale tomorrow and was looking for a bit of info.
I know it is an all cash sale but do we have to register to buy or do you just bid and runners take care of the rest.
Also, I know the auction starts at 10 am, can things be previewed before hand and would arriving at 9 am be good to preview and find seats or should I get there earlier.
Is this a good auction to get nice standard sized pullets or hens or even young feathered girls? I am always worried about buying from an auction. Although anything I buy will be going in a coop I just cleaned out with only what I buy.
Any info would be great.
Thank you for your time.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

McDonald's corner sale

Post by baronrenfrew » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:11 pm

with every bid/purchase, a kid brings you the box and you pay cash, the kid brings you change.
seats are a problem, either you get a seat, or you walk around and check the birds. its fairly cramped in this little hall. there's no shortage of chickens, but show birds are few and far between. you gotta know your stuff: I've seen many boxes of "four coturnix quails" and they're all males (this is true at any bird auction)
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Rhonda
On the Roost

McDonald's corner sale

Post by Rhonda » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:41 pm

Ill be honest. I don't like this sale. No one is accountable for what they bring. Some pretty crappy stuff goes through there...they sell anything as long as it is still alive. You would be further ahead to buy from the classifieds here. I like the EBBA sale because they must be members to sell, your name and address must appear on your tag and problems must be identified. They also reserve the right to not sell birds if they seem unwell.

tpaq1972
Newly Hatched Chick

McDonald's corner sale

Post by tpaq1972 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:54 pm

Thanks everyone for the info.
Maybe I will stay home and watch the for sale ads. Sounds safer to me.
Thanks for the input.

Return to “Event Discussion (Sales and Shows)”