Quinte Pigeon, Pet Poultry Spring Auction

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:39 am

Is anyone planning on bringing any Brabanter, Cream Legbar or Welsummer hatching eggs?
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Doug The Chickenman
On the Roost

Post by Doug The Chickenman » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:55 am

I will have some baby bunnies and of course silkies.

WaupoosCowgirl
Starting to Crow
Answers: 1

Post by WaupoosCowgirl » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:04 am

Is this sale usually a busy one? lots of variety? I have never been and it is so close, might go this year.

Brebis
Chatty Hen

Post by Brebis » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:12 am

I haven't been to any others but this one and it's always standing room only and very busy.
As for selection, it always seems to be good though I have looked for a few more unusual breeds and not seem them.
We got a nice young pair of Silver Dorkings ($5 !) the first fall we went and a nice trio of New Hampshire chicks the following spring.
Bit dark I find and since I'm short often hard to see what's being sold, but enjoy going and like you it's close!
We'll be going with quite a few birds we have to downsize...first time we've sold there.
Former dairy shepherd and owner of a menagerie of chickens and Pencilled Turkeys, now owned by three cats and a border collie x Australian shepherd pup.

WaupoosCowgirl
Starting to Crow
Answers: 1

Post by WaupoosCowgirl » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:41 am

I need more birds like I need another hole in head but thought it might be fun to go see what it's all about.

Doug The Chickenman
On the Roost

Post by Doug The Chickenman » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:03 pm

It is a good sale,
Last fall they added TV and Camera to try to ensure everyone can see what they are buying,
They take the birds out of the box if it is not a pheasant, peafowl, guinea fowl.
You never know what will be at an auction and you never know what the price will be.
It is a well run auction an I have been going for a number of years spring and fall.

thejonesboy
Turkey Wrangler

Post by thejonesboy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:37 pm

I'm looking for some good laying ducks. Welsh Harlequins, Khaki Campbells, anything considered. Saxony would be perfect. Let me know if you want to do a pre auction sale.
Andy :egg:

Snyder
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Snyder » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:15 pm

We have a page on our site of what birds/animals/items we have sold at previous sales. As has been said, every sale has different stuff being sold, but it gives you an idea of whats in the area and what could be there. http://www.freewebs.com/quintepigeonpetpoultry
Brebis, just a heads up, show up early, before the doors open for a better selection of lot numbers.
As for the TVs, we have acuired a new camara so hopefully they run smoother this year.

Snyder
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Snyder » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:42 pm

Have had a few people email me the last couple days. For anyone who hasn't checked the consignment page on the QPPPA website, there is suppose to be 2 pairs of proven White Sebastopol geese aswell as Ancona ducklings at the sale. Have also been told that someone is selling out and will be bringing around 100 boxes of birds/items. Wasn't mentioned what type of bird/items in the short message I received, but when someone sells out theres usually alot of stuff, alot of people are interested in.

Doug The Chickenman
On the Roost

Post by Doug The Chickenman » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:18 am

Lots of variety here today quality varies like normal some good some not so good

Return to “Event Discussion (Sales and Shows)”