LOMBARDY SALE Topic is solved

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

LOMBARDY SALE

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:43 am

Is this still on. I have found nothing for it since the initial notification and I can't find it on their agricultural Hall Listings any more.
??????
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Snyder
Newly Hatched Chick

Re: LOMBARDY SALE

Post by Snyder » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:40 am

Yes still on.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:53 am

Thank you!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:58 pm

Yes, it is! SUNDAY May the 5th, 8 a.m.. is what the FB group says.

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Sun May 05, 2019 4:00 pm

I did not grab my PTO hat before leaving the house, but I was there at around 8:10. The place was packed when I got there, and there was a lineup of cars to get in. I did not stay long; I hope it was a successful morning for all.

windwalkingwolf

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon May 06, 2019 1:16 am

I went as well, hoping to find a unicorn LOL. I was there around 8:30 a.m., line of cars to the road and people packed shoulder-to-shoulder in the hall. I swam through the sea of people and managed to get out of there in less than half an hour, satisfied that I'd seen everything. Despite my hatred of mornings and crowds, I was determined not to leave empty-handed and came home with a dozen muscovy eggs :dunno: roflmbo

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Wed May 08, 2019 1:07 pm

windwalkingwolf wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:16 am
I went as well, hoping to find a unicorn LOL. I was there around 8:30 a.m., line of cars to the road and people packed shoulder-to-shoulder in the hall. I swam through the sea of people and managed to get out of there in less than half an hour, satisfied that I'd seen everything. Despite my hatred of mornings and crowds, I was determined not to leave empty-handed and came home with a dozen muscovy eggs :dunno: roflmbo
Well, then, there we were, two PTO'ers passing each other through the crowd! I left shortly after 8:30 with a dozen barred rock eggs. They are now incubating.

windwalkingwolf

Post by windwalkingwolf » Thu May 09, 2019 1:19 am

KimChick wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:07 pm
windwalkingwolf wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:16 am
Well, then, there we were, two PTO'ers passing each other through the crowd! I left shortly after 8:30 with a dozen barred rock eggs. They are now incubating.
It's too bad I missed you, I would have loved to meet and say hello! I only saw a grand total of TWO familiar faces, neither of whom are active on PTO, despite my stellar (HAH!) sales pitches. Both at the Meadowbrooks' table, with the bantam frizzled cochin chicks. I wore my PTO hat (thank you @poultry_admin and @WLLady ) , hoping people would notice and introduce themselves, but no joy.
I had to do a little shuffling to get my purchased duck eggs in the incubator, but in they went. It's still a day or so too early to tell absolutely for sure with muscovy eggs (no blood vessels until about 5-6 days), but as of candling last night, about 4-5 of the eggs have the big darker disc that indicates healthy cell division. The egg carton they were in said "chocolate or white muscovies". A pair of solid chocolates is all I have left, since my Muscovy stock was pretty near wiped out by predators in the last two years before my lgd hit her stride. I'm REALLY hoping I get a few, but they're nice enough as a table bird that I don't care what colour I get at this point. I *had* actually planned to put Muscovy on a distant back burner for the time being until I saw those eggs for sale, because I have enough on my plate... I may have a bit of a poultry addiction though LOL! Good luck with your purchase. You'll know if you made good a couple of weeks before I will :eggyolk: We need pictures!!!

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Mon May 13, 2019 12:29 pm

I am being very patient and waiting until Day 10 to do any candling. The eggs are now on Day 8.

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Mon May 13, 2019 4:27 pm

I candle on day 4, I find you can easily see the developing little spider.

Return to “Event Discussion (Sales and Shows)”