Alfred ON bird auction near Quebec border

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:30 pm

Saturday March 26, 2016 / Le Samedi, 26 Mars 2016 (spring auction)
Saturday September 24, 2016 / Le Samedi, 24 Septembre 2016 (autumn date)

Knights of Columbus Hall / Salle des Chevaliers de Colomb
520 St-Philippe (Highway 17 / Route 17)
Alfred, Ontario K0B 1A0

Doors open at 7:00 AM -
Auction starts at 9:00 AM
Portes seront ouvertes à 7 h 00 -
L’encan débute à 9 h 00

Cash Only -
Argent comptant seulement

http://ipba-aieo.weebly.com/auction--event-dates.html
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:55 pm

If someone was thinking about taking in an auction for the first time, this is a good one. Usually a large variety of birds. I remember the first time I went, all the peacocks and different pheasants plus a lot of different types of birds I didn't even know existed. A lot of good quality birds as well. It's like a day at the bird zoo for me, lol.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:10 am

Wow! What a sale! I never saw it that big before O_O they had to ask people to wait until there was room to bring stuff in. I don't know what is going on but that seems to be the theme this year. There was over seventy lots, I left after six and they still had about 15 or more lots to go. Prices were great at the beginning but of course went down after, except hatching eggs, they stayed above $20 for pure breeds. I am cutting back on birds which was hard to watch really good birds going for less than their worth. The people as usual did an excellent job and I really feel for the auctioneers lol.

egg-centric
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by egg-centric » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:15 am

It was totally insane! I gave up at 5:30 after having been there almost from the beginning. Was hard to see into the cages with all the people milling around who had nowhere else to go.

GREAT job by everyone ... but one complaint: there was an older auctioneer with glasses. Every time his associate would announce what was in the cages by reading the tag, if it were a cross or a mix, then the auctioneer would repeat the main breed and not add cross or mix. Ex. Flemish Giant buck cross and he would say nice Flemish Giant buck. If people were bidding without being able to hear the first person and accepting that this is a purebred and getting a cross, then that is not fair.

Can't wait for the next auction!

Return to “Event Discussion (Sales and Shows)”