Ontario Poultry Breeders Show Entry Deadline Sep 28

modern17
Starting to Crow
Answers: 1

Ontario Poultry Breeders Show Entry Deadline Sep 28

Post by modern17 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:48 pm

Just a friendly reminder that the Ontario Poultry Breeders show entry deadline is September 28,2018 at 12 midnight. ( One week from today) . For all that have already put in their entry we thank you , for those that have not there is still time ... we hope to make this a show to remember for years to come. Hope you can join us in celebrating 25 years of our show! PM Troy or email at troylaroche88@hotmail.com for more info on the show !
Thanks
OPB Team

Jezzy_Blue88
Newly Hatched Chick

Re: Ontario Poultry Breeders Show Entry Deadline Sep 28

Post by Jezzy_Blue88 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:17 pm

Question! Will be my first year to attend OPB! Super excited but as a newbie hobbiest and breeder.... Will I be laughed out of the show ring if I bring some of my birds for fun??

I know this is a very elite show with top breeders and birds from across the country. I am very aware my flock has lots of growing pains, and sadly it seems my best birds are moulting as we speak! I do have some young imperfect birds which I'm letting mature to see if they improve and even younger (5-6months) birds which are looking stellar but are they to young to bother?

I'm really just excited for the experience and not expecting ribbons! I would even love to make contacts to begin improving my line with new birds. I just don't want to offend anyone bringing birds who will wilt in competition compared to what I imagine is there or have judges upset by a waste in time.

Either way I'm coming!

la-chicken
On the Roost

Post by la-chicken » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:19 pm

Enter!!!!!!!
We all started where you are now.
This is where you learn. Ask the questions. Make connections and start great friendships!

Hope to see you there. I will be one of the crazy people from Alberta!
Champion Breeder of the Best Birds I can. Bantam White and Black Wyandotte, Bantam New Hampshires, Bantam and LF Buckeyes, OEG- Black. Waterfowl: Embden Geese, Black Magpie, Blue Magpies and Blue Swedes.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:26 pm

:iagree:
Great fun, great experience, you will enjoy, learn and meet great people, what more can one ask for :)

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:54 am

I was absolutely terrified my first time and still am this year (moulting birds, I hear you). I learnt so much from other breeders and it was worth it going just to see the lovely birds that are there. Don't miss this one.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

modern17
Starting to Crow

Post by modern17 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:38 am

We are all in the same boat with molting and maturing. Its been that kind of year. All of the above comments are great advise. We all walk before we run.. and the people are what makes the difference. We are not so much elite ( we do get some big names from across the country and beyond) more over we strive to be a people friendly / learning experience type of show. What we strive for anyway.... The cooler weather we are currently experiencing will make a big difference in the all the birds over the next 3 weeks. 5 1/2 -6 month bird is usually pretty close to being where they need to be and with the cooler temps ( as I call it feather pushing weather) miracles can happen over night or over a course of a few days. Looking forward to meeting many from this site and rekindling old friendships ,....see you there!
TL

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:48 am

Troy is incredibly welcoming and the other folks helping make it understandable where to go and coop your birds etc. Looking forward to meeting you there.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

JimW
Head Chicken
Answers: 2

Post by JimW » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:25 pm

Best of luck to everyone going to the show and have fun. I was hoping to make the trip to the show to check it out but family visiting that weekend, and I will probably still be on crutches. Hopefully next year.

JimW
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

modern17
Starting to Crow

Post by modern17 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:22 pm

Just a reminder that time is a ticking down to the entry deadline.. of Sept 28 12 midnight cut off .
Entries have been received from across the country ....Nova Scotia , New Brunswick , PEI , Quebec ,Alberta , Ohio , Massachusetts and of course all areas of Ontario... many more in the mail and expected prior to the entry deadline.. its going to be the one not to miss this year.. Our sales section is also proving to be very popular ... most of the far away exhibitors have requested sales coops .. will be a good opportunity for you to pick up new birds not normally available .. hope to see you there !!
TL

modern17
Starting to Crow

Post by modern17 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:11 am

Just a final reminder .. Entries close tonight at 12 midnight..by email e-transfer or must be post marked by today if postal mail /cheque.. thanks for all that are already in
TL

Return to “Event Discussion (Sales and Shows)”