Shawville show.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Shawville show.

Post by Skinny rooster » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:14 am

Last year I was only able to take in one fair, this year I want to get in at least three. Saturday I went to Shawville it was a beautiful day, lucky for them since there doesn't seem to be many of them this summer.

They have a small poultry and rabbit show and I really enjoyed it. Congrats to the people who set up the display it was nicely done. There were a lot of nice birds representing their breeds. Being a Cochin guy I enjoyed seeing real standard Cochins. These were big massive birds and people would comment out loud at the size. I would love to see it get back to the glory days, it was Shawville that helped plant the chicken bug in me. I remember the first time as a kid going in, imagine a chicken loving kid seeing Silver Seabrights for the first time or Millefleurs. It's where I vowed to own call ducks one day (and I did lol), plus being fascinated by the colour patterns of the Dark Brahma hens, just overwhelmed by all the other breeds I never heard of before. I realize where the need to own every breed came from lol.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: Shawville show.

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:33 am

I got my first Best in show with an Angora rabbit at the Shawille Fair in the eighties, these shows are such a great way to get small livestock and poultry in front of general public.
I saw my first Rex rabbit at the Ottawa Winter fair in the seventies and was just stunned at the different breeds of rabbits and the seed was planted. :)

Cliff
On the Roost

Re: Shawville show.

Post by Cliff » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:49 am

I missed the sale as I did not know when it was see you next year...
c3jzuzs.jpg
May the god lord take a liking to you...

Return to “Event Discussion (Sales and Shows)”