The Quebec Classic (Sept. 2nd) Topic is solved

Woodsy
Newly Hatched Chick

Re: The Quebec Classic (Sept. 2nd)

Post by Woodsy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:18 pm

Skinny rooster wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:39 pm
Are you the Brian that used to show the beautiful Speckled Sussex?
Yes, but I only raise bantam Plymouth rocks and Chanteclers now.

modern17
Starting to Crow
Answers: 1

Post by modern17 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:54 pm

Truly a sad announcement. !!! Seems many in the area are more concerned with going to a fair that pays a little money or buying or selling at an auction .... then supporting a club show that is more about preserving and maintaining standard bred birds. I do not blame you for canceling as it is the reality of a low entry. Anybody that has never ran a show , have no idea of what work and effort is involved in putting a show on and running one. Even the ones that do go to shows .. until you have ran one ...most think cages set them selves up , bedding goes in by its self .. judges just show up...awards just appear and the whole thing is put on with little to no effort.... and some like to complain about how things are done and costs entry fees among other issues .. ??? For me its all worth it when you hear one persons thank you .. but I am a different sort lol... !!!! Brian you guys did nothing wrong... and hopefully another year will make a difference. I know at OPB we have had ups and downs.. and have built on our reputation from day one... a few trying times, .. but have forge on to be one of Canada's premier shows... I hope things turn around and you guys forge on as well. Here's to next year.
TL

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:42 pm

That's a shame it's been cancelled. I was hoping to come take a look this year, since it's really not that far away from us.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:12 am

:iagree: :iagree:
This makes me sad. Hopefully entries will pick up next year.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:56 am

I do know what it takes to put on a show, so have no end of admiration for anybody willing to do the work.
We really need to encourage interest in the poultry hobby and support the young people who show interest in showing.

Return to “Event Discussion (Sales and Shows)”