Harrow, last tues of the month, today

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Harrow, last tues of the month, today

Post by Farrier1987 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:46 am

Taking a few to Harrow today (near Windsor). Sale at 6 at fairgrounds. I am taking an EE quad. Includes King George, the EE roo I got from Kenya, he is too busy, making the girls appear with bald backs, and causing much excitement all the time. Still nice natured and pretty and all, but is going to a new home.

Wife and I discussed what hens to send. Nobody with a name over four years old, they have tenure. So I picked a 2 yr old olive egger, a one yr old blue egger/Americauna, a year old BCMarans and a pullet of some sort that might also be a roo. Will also be putting a sixpack of eggs with them as examples of what they lay.

I was going to take a hen with 8 chicks too, but somebody came on the weekend and offered me $50 for her, so they have a small instant flock of free rangers.

I would like to keep them all for ever, but you just can't, so they are off on their big life adventure.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Re: Harrow, last tues of the month, today

Post by Farrier1987 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:48 am

Just read the post, and I am definitely math challenged. Five is not a quad. A quintette?
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

poultry_admin
Site Admin

Re: Harrow, last tues of the month, today

Post by poultry_admin » Tue May 30, 2017 9:05 am

Farrier1987 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 8:48 am
Just read the post, and I am definitely math challenged. Five is not a quad. A quintette?
The true historic root of the saying: "chicken math"... :rofl:
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

Return to “Event Discussion (Sales and Shows)”