Another Ottawa area auction

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:12 am

For the people in the Ottawa area there is another auction this coming Saturday April first. It's the one in St Pascal De Baylon, there is an add on this site I believe and also on kijiji with all the details. I went last year in spring, it's a new club so it was a small auction but could be larger this year. I enjoyed it, there were some nice birds there and rabbits, the prices were high so if you are looking for something be prepared to battle for it lol, I think that makes a sale more interesting. If I can, I definitely plan to take it in. The club is very bilingual so if French is your mother tongue you will have no problem there.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:14 pm

Nothing more demanding of my brain than French at auction speed :-)
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

poultry_admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by poultry_admin » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:15 pm

Skinny rooster wrote:QR_BBPOST there is an add on this site
Not yet, do you have more info?
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:04 pm

baronrenfrew wrote:QR_BBPOST Nothing more demanding of my brain than French at auction speed :-)
Oui oui Baron! Fait le bidding! Hahaha. I do believe they did both, but seriously don't you have enough chickens by now?

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:11 pm

poultry_admin wrote:QR_BBPOST
Is it lazy of me to ask you to Google Ottawa kijiji livestock auction and it will say St Pascal de Baylon, sorry Martin I can't paste links with my cell and all the info is there. Plus you would be getting the info directly from the club ad and not a from me a third party.

poultry_admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by poultry_admin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:57 pm

Skinny rooster wrote:QR_BBPOST
poultry_admin wrote:QR_BBPOST
Is it lazy of me to ask you to Google Ottawa kijiji livestock auction and it will say St Pascal de Baylon, sorry Martin I can't paste links with my cell and all the info is there. Plus you would be getting the info directly from the club ad and not a from me a third party.
Not at all!!! Just needed a starting point. I found it and have added it.
When I did what you said, I got this: roflmbo
auction.PNG
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:36 pm

That must be one of those big as a horse rabbits! Lol

egg-centric
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by egg-centric » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:05 am

Anyone heading to this sale today?

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:25 pm

egg-centric wrote:QR_BBPOST Anyone heading to this sale today?
Did you go egg centric? I went, it was pretty good, I think it was a bit bigger than last year, I think there were something like 25 lots. It was over around three. Prices were pretty good and there were some nice birds there. I missed the first 40 minutes but I found things seem to go higher as the sale went on. Most hens went really high, even a lot of red laying hens went high as long as they weren't too old, some close to$20 each. There was a nice pair of barn yard bantam hens the colour of speckled Sussex and they went up to $42, there was also 3 nice pullets Ameraucanas/light Sussex real pretty, I stopped paying attention when they were climbing towards$60, I kept my hands in my pockets. I have a few regrets over not bidding on certain birds and one lionhead but ca la vie! Rabbits didn't do as well as last year, I saw bred meat does go below$20 and a lot of house rabbits below $10. The hall is small and it was a bit too warm in there, the people did a good job running it again this year, congrats. I wish however lol that the auctioneer would realize that he doesn't need to YELL into a mic attached to two large speakers in a tiny hall, I think I heard dogs howling in the nearby village, anyone else hear that ringing sound hahaha. They had a little bit of everything, poultry, pheasants, house birds, rabbits.

egg-centric
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by egg-centric » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:56 am

Skinny rooster wrote: I wish however lol that the auctioneer would realize that he doesn't need to YELL into a mic attached to two large speakers in a tiny hall, I think I heard dogs howling in the nearby village, anyone else hear that ringing sound hahaha. They had a little bit of everything, poultry, pheasants, house birds, rabbits.
I cannot agree more! It was s loud that it was uncomfortable and combined with the heat, it was too much for my husband, who went to sleep in the truck. I got a red laying hen for well under 20 and am super pleased, two Barnevelders, 3 supposed Chantecler chicks, and 5 Polish chicks. I was careful and only bought healthy birds from good lots.

Return to “Event Discussion (Sales and Shows)”