Alfred sale

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Alfred sale

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:22 am

Skinny rooster wrote:QR_BBPOST Ok ok I confess..... I did get something. There was this poor little female bunny near the end that nobody wanted :sad: so I bought her :bunnyhop: one of my neighbours loves rabbits so she will stay with me or he will take her but at least she won't go to the meat guys. Then later on there were these three ee chicks that nobody wanted :baby ckick: :chick6: :chick96: lol so I got them.They are actually, 3 months old and no sign of any combs yet so hopefully there is at least one hen in the group.
:rofl:
twas bound to happen....

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Alfred sale

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:46 am

egg-centric wrote:QR_BBPOST
Skinny rooster wrote:QR_BBPOST There was this poor little female bunny near the end that nobody wanted :sad:
That makes me incredible sad. What kind? Why did no one want her? I always feel badly for these ones.

It was right near the end, most people had left and she is just a mixed house rabbit so most people want something pure

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Alfred sale

Post by kenya » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:56 pm

Skinny rooster wrote:QR_BBPOST Ok ok I confess..... I did get something. There was this poor little female bunny near the end that nobody wanted :sad: so I bought her :bunnyhop: one of my neighbours loves rabbits so she will stay with me or he will take her but at least she won't go to the meat guys. Then later on there were these three ee chicks that nobody wanted :baby ckick: :chick6: :chick96: lol so I got them.They are actually, 3 months old and no sign of any combs yet so hopefully there is at least one hen in the group.
Ah ha! So now the truth comes out you just couldn't resist! Well good for you and that bunny and those chicks! The adventure begins!!!

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Alfred sale

Post by kenya » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:57 pm

Oh my I forgot! We need pictures!

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Alfred sale

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:37 pm

Some people checked out "fake fur" clothes at an Asian street market in London England: mittens, hats etc. Lab tests showed it was dog and cat fur. Real animan fur dyed is cheaper than "fake fur". They probably ate the critters too.

A guinea pig is a meat animal in central/South America. Easy to keep, it doesn't jump so kept in a box, butcher at three pounds.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Alfred sale

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:34 pm

I'm ok with people that want to wear (or eat) whatever. Not my thing, I prefer not to eat carnivores, and I don't shop at Asian markets...But as long as they're not stealing people's pets, I don't give a rats patoot. If I was cold and hungry enough, Fluffy and Bowser would look pretty good, and probably for the best if I didn't know what it was :)

egg-centric
Newly Hatched Chick

Alfred sale

Post by egg-centric » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:45 pm

windwalkingwolf wrote:QR_BBPOSTBut as long as they're not stealing people's pets, I don't give a rats patoot.
They are. Read up on DMT (The Dog Meat Trade).

JimW
Head Chicken
Answers: 2

Alfred sale

Post by JimW » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:45 pm

Thanks for the info on the auction. I heard there were quite a few birds that had to be re-auctioned because people bid and won but did not pay?

JimW
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Alfred sale

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:10 pm

JimW wrote:QR_BBPOST Thanks for the info on the auction. I heard there were quite a few birds that had to be re-auctioned because people bid and won but did not pay?

JimW
Yes sadly that is true Jim, the guys on stage got pretty ticked off about it, people need to pay attention, if they announce two or three times "all males in the box" and then someone sends it back because there are all males in the box, what the heck! I found that last year as well with this sale, not as bad but still annoying.

There was a nice pullet that someone put in with another person's lot near the end, it was good stock but went low because not many bid on her. Maybe for the same reason I wouldn't touch it with a hundred foot pole, who the heck anonymously slips in a chicken to another person's lot. Was it a big misunderstanding or is something wrong with the bird.

One other thing I really like about this sale is if someone brings a sick bird and tries to sneak it through the sale, they will announce your lot number and tell you to go take the box out of the sale, they will closely check over the rest of the boxes from the same lot. They are fairly strict with the rules and I like that.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Alfred sale

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:21 pm

baronrenfrew wrote:QR_BBPOST Some people checked out "fake fur" clothes at an Asian street market in London England: mittens, hats etc. Lab tests showed it was dog and cat fur. Real animan fur dyed is cheaper than "fake fur". They probably ate the critters too.

A guinea pig is a meat animal in central/South America. Easy to keep, it doesn't jump so kept in a box, butcher at three pounds.

Yup they raise guinea pigs like we raise pigs lol. My buddy keeps a few and the more I learn about them the more I like them. I kept some from him for a few weeks last fall.

A buddy of mine was working in China, he saw a dog get killed by a car. An old woman pulled it to the sidewalk, skinned it and divided it up with the people around her. His guide said poor people can't really afford any meat so why let good protein go to waste.

Return to “Event Discussion (Sales and Shows)”