Vernon EBBA sale Saturday

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:28 am

egg-centric wrote:QR_BBPOST I was also kicking myself for not going, but then was happy to hear that the prices were high! At least with Alfred, if you stick it out long enough, you can get some good deals. I also hate when the auctions do not enforce the proper names/phone numbers on the boxes.
Egg centric, shhhhhhhhhh about the deals at the end, that's my secret plan next week, we don't want the whole internet to know. So uhh hmmmm ya that's not true at all, nothing to see here folks, move along!

egg-centric
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by egg-centric » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:08 am

Skinny rooster wrote:Of course in the past every friggin bird I wanted always went like the stupid thing put out golden eggs or something lol
Right?!! That gave me my morning chuckle.

JimW, I am loving your Virkon idea. I will go to Alfred and maybe (oh who am I kidding I will) bid but I will disinfect the poop out of my shoes, etc. (literally, lol).

JimW
Head Chicken
Answers: 2

Post by JimW » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:21 am

Ya true the club would know where and who the sellers are and could not accept birds from sellers from the alert area.

I still in the back of my mind always think what is wrong with the birds that don't have any seller info on them. Lol

E-c yep Virkon a good idea for after sales and feed store visits all the time. I am keeping the 2 Gallon sprayer in my vehicle.
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

egg-centric
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by egg-centric » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:21 am

Skinny rooster wrote: Egg centric, shhhhhhhhhh about the deals at the end, that's my secret plan next week, we don't want the whole internet to know. So uhh hmmmm ya that's not true at all, nothing to see here folks, move along!
What deals, um, no, I was confused.

In all fairness, very few people can last til the end after 10 hours or so of auction-going.

egg-centric
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by egg-centric » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:25 am

JimW wrote:QR_BBPOST I am keeping the 2 Gallon sprayer in my vehicle.
Imagine if you were pulled over: "No, sir/ma'am, the 2 gallon-sprayer, I have no idea how it got there; it is not full of Virkon because I was at a poultry auction. It is for painting, yeah, painting."

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:36 am

Lol, ah man the baloney stories the cops must hear when they pull people over.

I still remember being a teen going to an auction with a good ole boy named Jim. It was foggy and an ambulance went by us the other way and he didn't pull over until the last second as we really couldn't see what it was until the last second. So a cop saw us and pulled us over and asked why we didn't yield. We couldn't see and weren't sure what the flashing lights were about. "Where are you going?" "A bird auction" " A what?" And right on cue a rooster crowed from the back of the truck. There was a pause...... "Alright you guys get going and pull over next time you see an emergency vehicle."

I miss Jim, he was a good lad to a redneck kid. I also miss his dark cornish, he imported them from England. I wish I would of kept some.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:04 am

Now you remind me of a story (oh, oh getting in to that reminiscences stage) several years ago, coming home from Vernon Auction where I got a pair of Norfolk Cropper pigeons happily cooing in the truck and somewhere around North Gower my alternator went. Got a tow truck to come and when the young lad was unhooking my vehicle, he said " excuse me miss, (that just shows exactly how young he was :)
but can I ask you what it is you have in the truck?" I always wondered what he thought it was before he couldn't resist and had to ask ;)

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:20 am

JimW wrote:QR_BBPOST Ya true the club would know where and who the sellers are and could not accept birds from sellers from the alert area.

I still in the back of my mind always think what is wrong with the birds that don't have any seller info on them. Lol

E-c yep Virkon a good idea for after sales and feed store visits all the time. I am keeping the 2 Gallon sprayer in my vehicle.

I'm with you Jim on no tag information, one of the lessons I learned from sales is "no info usually means trouble", people who are proud of their birds put all kinds of info, cards etc because they stand behind what they sell and hope you may get more from them in future.

OC, he at least called you Miss so that should make you feel good!

I was never pulled over by the cops but I usually drive through down town on my way to a sale and I love the startled look on people's faces while standing waiting for a light and suddenly hear roosters crowing beside them.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:08 pm

Skinny rooster wrote:QR_BBPOST OC, he at least called you Miss so that should make you feel good!
I am afraid that is not the case, :) Young lad calling me Miss, means only one thing, my advanced age confuses him so much that it defies any kind of category in his mind and after running thru all the possibilities ends up back at the default point, which is Miss. ;)

Return to “Event Discussion (Sales and Shows)”