Royal winter fair

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Royal winter fair

Post by Skinny rooster » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:42 pm

That's too bad, I always wanted to go but sounds like I waited too long. We lost the Royal in Ottawa, they stopped showing birds the last couple of years.

Carm
Newly Hatched Chick

Royal winter fair

Post by Carm » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:17 am

I enjoyed the Royal this year. I was only a spectator, but plan on showing next year. It still means something to the older exhibitors like Homer, Gardhouse, Nieuwland, Volkmann, etc. Some of them started working with the Royal poultry show when they were kids 50+ years ago. Once they got used to it, many exhibitors actually think the one day show may help with numbers moving forward. The top end quality was very good. The champion and reserve Standard were as good of standards as were shown anywhere this year. It is a bit different atmosphere than a stand alone show. It is a great opportunity to show the general public about poultry. The online results show about 600 entries, not including pigeons. Here are some pictures I found on the Royal's Facebook page:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Royal winter fair

Post by Ontario Chick » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:24 am

Thank you for posting pictures.
Sometime we forget the importance of having the birds displayed for the general public and the Royal certainly fills that bill.
Most of the Large Fairs are slowly loosing their Agricultural components and great Thank you goes out to the people who are willing to do the work to keep it there.

Cliff
On the Roost

Re: Royal winter fair

Post by Cliff » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:09 pm

It is the fair of all fairs....
May the god lord take a liking to you...

Return to “Event Discussion (Sales and Shows)”