Show Report Report, lol.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Report, lol.

Post by Skinny rooster » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:35 pm

Maybe I should do a poultry show report, like Les Nessmon did a pork report on WKRP. I will add that I was very very young when that show was on. I heard the ads for the South Mountain fair, it's on this weekend. It's south east of Ottawa and even though it's a small fair, it has a good poultry show for someone in the area who was getting into chickens and wanted to see some variety of birds. I have not been there for two years but I enjoyed it in the past. I am always looking for fairs that still show poultry. There is nothing more annoying than a fair committee saying they show poultry when they actually mean they have a petting zoo with a few chickens on display. Lol
Last edited by Skinny rooster on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Poultry report, lol.

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:35 pm

Fantastic idea, can you do Perth too?
They have a pretty large poultry show, and of course Spencerville, started by our very own "Chita" aka Joan

rebellofts
Newly Hatched Chick

Poultry report, lol.

Post by rebellofts » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:07 pm

I had the pleasure of judging the show with Stephane Laliberte I handled the pigeons and WF Stephane the bantams and LF I picked the chanpions in the pigeons and we both picked the champions in bantams WF and LF there were over 500 birds
Grand Champion & Champion Bantam BB red OEG hen for Reg Watson
Reserve Grand Champion Champion WF Embden Gander Ross Dillabagh
Res Champion Bantam Black Wyandotte Reg Watson
Reserve WF white call OF Walter Patterson
Champion LF WC Blue Polish OH Melissa Seay
Res LF Spangled Hamburg OM ??
Champion Dove & Champion Pigeon Ringneck OC Doug Whyte
Res Pigeon Blue Bar Flying Roller OH Jim Cavanagh
Attachments
IMG_6862_1.jpg
IMG_6839_1.jpg
IMG_6849_1.jpg
IMG_6836 a_1.jpg
IMG_6855_1.jpg
IMG_6840.JPG
Show Rollers,Flying Rollers,Show Type Homers,Racing Homers, Show Tipplers,Egyptian Swifts,WOE Tumblers,Indian Fantails
OE Games,Rosecombs,Wyandottes
Goldens Red,Cinnamnon,Silver,Yellow,Ringnecks,Silvers
Breeder Exhibitor Judge
Jeff Draper Jasper Ont

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Poultry report, lol.

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:16 pm

That is very cool, Thank you for the report and great pictures.

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Poultry report, lol.

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:28 pm

Omg, thank you Jeff. Anyone know what the weight is on that white crested blue Polish?

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Poultry report, lol.

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:29 pm

Oh, and congratulations all. Lovely birds!

goatgal35
Starting to Crow

Poultry report, lol.

Post by goatgal35 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:16 am

You could always drop in and see us at the Norfolk County Fair in October. We had just over 1000 birds and 100+ rabbits entered last fall :)

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Poultry report, lol.

Post by Skinny rooster » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:37 pm

Thank you Jeff, love the pictures and some of the winning names are familiar to me. I will have to add that I can only mention around the Ottawa area for now, but I want to expand my viewing. Ok people the Perth fair is on this coming weekend, September 2 to 5. If you want to see poultry, get your little bums there! I was not able to make it last year but I will try this weekend. Sometimes when I walk up to a cage I say under my breath "wow" , you will see nice birds there, true story, once I was looking at a white silkie and she turned her head to me and said "don't hate me because I'm beautiful" well maybe that's a fib but if you want to enjoy a poultry show I strongly recommend taking this one in. I also had the pleasure of meeting Frank Goodfellow and a few others showing.

WaupoosCowgirl
Starting to Crow
Answers: 1

Poultry report, lol.

Post by WaupoosCowgirl » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:45 pm

I don't want to poop disturb but if it were not for the "petting zoo" show barn a lot of people wouldn't ever get up close to some pretty interesting birds and 4H kids might not catch the poultry bug. I don't have high end show quality birds but we still manage to take in about 30 birds every year to our Picton fair...if we didn't the barn would be empty and well very sad. For some small town fairs I say a bird in the fair is worth two in the coup.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Poultry report, lol.

Post by Skinny rooster » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:30 pm

Lol, I have nothing against petting zoos. I only have a problem when some claim to show birds, only to drive there and discover a petting zoo. Can you imagine if a fair pulled that with horses or cattle. I admire anyone taking the time to participate, you don't have to be perfect with me. My intention is not to start a discussion, it's to direct poultry people to surrounding shows as I often wished someone had done that in the past. Don't worry about disturbing any poo, everyone on here has rubber boots.

Return to “Event Discussion (Sales and Shows)”