Niagara Poultry Fest- Accessibility

Epona
Starting to Crow

Post by Epona » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:57 pm

Anyone familiar with the location and set up of this show? I want to take my 99 year old father to this as an outing, but figure I will have to use his wheelchair. So wondering if this will be a successful outing for him as the show would have to accommodate wide rows to get the wheelchair down. Also, is it really crowded or does it have good traffic flow around the birds?

Thought he'd get a kick out of going. We live to far for him to come out to our farm. Every time I tell him of a new breed etc., he asks tons of questions as they weren't around when he farmed. And pictures don't quite cut it. Cheers.

Beamers Poultry
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Beamers Poultry » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:26 am

We try to make our show accessible to everyone for sure - large wide walkways ...the only issue I see is we are in a tent and depending on the weather - I cant guarantee what the ground will be like -- hopefully it all stays dry and we will be good.
The day itself is an event -- not only the show but many other activities going on -- There are always good crowds but I have seen many people with wheelchairs and families pushing strollers
you can check out all the events at poultryfest.ca
Thanks
John

Epona
Starting to Crow

Post by Epona » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:39 pm

Many thanks John. I had checked the site and was excited that he would love the outing. Just wanted to have first hand or on the ground input. Will watch the weather and hopefully, be there with wheels!

Return to “Event Discussion (Sales and Shows)”