Renfrew Buy Sell Trade End May

Aurora
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Aurora » Tue May 17, 2016 8:57 am

Doug The Chickenman wrote:QR_BBPOST Runner duck eggs are in the incubator but won't be out by then.
Can you send me pics of the proud parents please? My email is AuroraLouve@gmail.com if you prefer that.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun May 22, 2016 2:54 pm

Most of my chicks won't be out in time either, hmmm wonder if I turn the incubator up more will they get done sooner! Lol, any new people that is a joke, never turn the temp up on your incubator. People keep asking me about ducks and ready to lay chickens, so if someone was going to sell some it would be good to mention it here and I can pass on the info.

Doug The Chickenman
On the Roost

Post by Doug The Chickenman » Sun May 22, 2016 9:26 pm

I had 40 Runner eggs in the bator and only one is looking like it will hatch. Not Good.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Mon May 23, 2016 9:40 am

That's too bad Doug, I get a kick out of runners, like a duck had an affair with a penguin. People keep asking me about ducks, maybe just tire kickers, I tell then to try at Renfrew, usually there are a lot of ducks in the spring.

Think I'm only going to have some Cochin chicks, a few ee bantams and lionheads bunnies.

Doug The Chickenman
On the Roost

Post by Doug The Chickenman » Tue May 24, 2016 10:28 am

We wont be going now with only a couple chicks hatched. and maybe one duck.
I am going to look into what is going on in the incubator and try to get more runners hatched before the hens get to old.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun May 29, 2016 4:15 pm

Wow O_O that was a whole lotta people! I got there later the barn was full and people were telling me that some folks had sold out and left already, good crowd. Congrats to the people who put this on, awesome job. I didn't get to see a lot of the other birds and bunnies but a lot of nice stuff. There was an beautiful pair of light Sussex, the real deal, big birds, had to tell myself, "keep on moving, I don't need them". Thought I was in the clear until the young guy near me marked down his hatching eggs to $3, must hatch eggs, must hatch eggs. They were just laying chickens but people are asking me for some and $3 is $3! Lol.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun May 29, 2016 9:15 pm

Yep, i showed up w a truckload at 8:30. A friend had me pick up a bunch of his old birds (3 or 4 year old: looked good two buff orp hens and one sussex and a young partridge chanteclar roo) and i didn't get them off the truck and into my "show" space. I told him they were older (i believe in karma: what you do to others comes back on you) ; he bought em anyway. Had a quad of splash ameraucanas (the roo i bought from OC this spring) and sold em $100. Rouen ducks i sold em at the same price i paid; $10 each. I bought some ready to lay hybrids in April: cost me $14 each, sold 4 of em for $15. I kept 6 which is enough for us. And a few others: i believe in being fair: i want to encourage others and still make a few bucks. Lots of traffic: it seems people want birds ready to lay. And standards not bantams (at that sale).
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun May 29, 2016 11:05 pm

Sounds like you had a good sale, always nice to send good birds on their way, for somebody else to enjoy. :)

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Mon May 30, 2016 8:00 am

Agreed, i've had to scale back due to family and work commitments. I figured i'd pass them on.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Cliff
On the Roost

Post by Cliff » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:01 am

the Renfrew sale has always been super until they started charging for power 10.00 dollars is to much al so putting aside spaces for people it should be first come first serve..
May the god lord take a liking to you...

Return to “Event Discussion (Sales and Shows)”