Hi all!

New to PTO? Want to stop in and say hi and introduce yourself? Here's the place to do it!
niglefritz
Newly Hatched Chick

Re: Hi all!

Post by niglefritz » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:30 pm

Windwalkingwolf, thank you. We are few and far between. Do you have black, blue or both?

Haha, at least Farrier didn't call you a liar, but I better watch out of that "winewantingwolf" one who might try to fly under the radar. 😁👍Although, I suspect that a drunk wolf would not be much of an issue. He'd be an easy one to lure away from our chickens too. 😂
Marans, JG, erminette, chocolate ameraucana, serama, silkies, guineas, peas

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:21 pm

Hello and welcome!
I'm chiming in a bit late, I see.
Nice that you are re-connecting with "old" friends!

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:59 pm

Farrier1987 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:41 pm
WineWantingWolf
It's your best one yet... :wine:

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:49 pm

roflmbo roflmbo roflmbo

Truer words have never been spoken: nothing and nobody makes me want wine more than Farrier, well, except maybe for my father-in-law. @Farrier1987 is marginally more useful, and infinitely more entertaining, even if you feel the need for a scalding hot shower after dealings :laugh: .
@niglefritz I currently have only two girls: One elderly black hen and a blue pullet, and four cockerels that will be a year old in July: two black and two blue. Historically I have only bred black, but last year (and again this year it seems) I desperately needed some outside blood and bought a dozen fertile eggs from a (usually) pretty dedicated breeder. The lady I bought from had not separated her varieties last year due to family illness, and so had a blue cock in the combined flock...and my luck, almost everything that hatched was blue, and then the three young blacks I got from that hatch were killed by a skunk (or were euthanised due to injuries from said skunk), so no joy there. Only one of the birds (one of the black cockerels) look like they're going to be good enough to keep.
I'm hoping to get some more from her this year, and my hope is that she has separated her colours, but if not, I have a friend that will buy the blues if any make the cut. Anything not true to type or darn close, ends up either in the stewpot or a layer flock, depending.

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:42 pm

I didnt know about the shower part, but I am game for just about anything, I will ask my wife if its ok.

I went and asked, she says yes, I need a shower, so we're on. Your place or mine?
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:40 pm

Good day and welcome eh! :farmer: :beer:
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Return to “I'm New Here Introductions”