Hello from Eagle Ontario

New to PTO? Want to stop in and say hi and introduce yourself? Here's the place to do it!
Sheri and jon
Newly Hatched Chick

Re: Hello from Eagle Ontario

Post by Sheri and jon » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:44 pm

Nicole B wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:16 pm
I have a small farm with 2 horses, 2 miniature donkeys, 2 Labradors, 3 geese and a couple ;) chickens.
The chicken addiction is gaining momentum and I am looking to learn more here.
I currently have the following breeds: Orpington, Wyandotte, Welsummer, Ameraucana, Svart Hona, Cochin, Maran, Barnevelder, Silverudd Blue, Legbar, and some Easter / Olive Eggers.
Hi :) I'm just around the corner in west Lorne!
Welcome!!

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:48 pm

Welcome to PTO! And welcome to chicken math. Just when you think you have a handle on how many you have, some sneaky hens will hatch out 30 more LOL. Do NOT buy an incubator--madness lies that way roflmbo

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:00 am

west lorne/eagle area is the BEST!!! lol. but i'm also biased....because i live just north of west lorne LOL
Welcome to PTO!
chicken math. resistance is futile. just go with it.
www is totally wrong.....do buy an incubator. oh wait, no....don't.....she's right. because your little "starter" incubator will NOT be big enough and then you'll buy a sportsman, and it won't be big enough (even though it fits 360 eggs-trust me on that one). or find someone with a sportsman to do the hatching for you (hm.....i might know someone that runs theirs 24/7 for the entire summer well, from february to august.....)
hope you enjoy the forum :-)
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Return to “I'm New Here Introductions”