Greetings! Anyone else from Niagara Falls Ontario?

New to PTO? Want to stop in and say hi and introduce yourself? Here's the place to do it!
StarSpun
Newly Hatched Chick

Re: Greetings! Anyone else from Niagara Falls Ontario?

Post by StarSpun » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:06 am

windwalkingwolf wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:58 am
StarSpun wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:58 pm
Poultryprincess wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:06 pm
HELLOOOOOOOOO
CUTE, CUTE, CUTE ~ yep you fit in already!
Glad to have you aboard :banana:
LOL! YAY! I'm happy, this seems like an awesome community!!
:-)
:banana: :yay:
It is. Just wait until you settle into your house, and 'chicken math' sets in...you may want to either look into shipping your Florida chickens here, or never leaving home again! You CAN make long-distance chicken owning work, but if you're thinking of putting down country roots, your time is going to become very precious, and your birds even more so. At some point you may have to choose :/
Yeah, it's really tough leaving them. I have 10 in total....wasn't getting more than two....then CHICKEN MATH. LOL! We have amazing caregivers looking after them so it works out for us. Sadly, we can't do the cross border thing, it's a real mess, especially with Avian Flu happening. It's almost impossible:-( We are renting out an apartment in our house in Niagara, hoping it's my aunt who moves in, but if not, it will be an arrangement with reduced rent for chicken care....it's finding the right person that will take some time and effort of course! Waiting to see how that goes first!

I'd love to get more someday, and have my own little farm. But that will be far into the future, I know. Sadly, my body and mind doesn't tolerate cool temperatures, so I have to escape for 6 months. The eventual plan is to move to Panama (Bocas Del Toro) and maybe then I can live that dream. Until then, lots of travel left to do, and good caregivers....and of course, me missing my ladies no matter where I go!

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:01 pm

StarSpun wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:29 pm
Happy wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:30 pm
Welcome to PTO!
Your pics are adorable and make me miss my little house roo even more. Warning - Once you have one in the house it's just not the same when they're gone. Good luck with the move and "collecting" your new girls!
Thanks so much for the welcome! :-) Awww, I figured that....I guess these two can stay half house half outdoor....we will see what happens. The sad thing is, I go back to Florida for 6 months, so leaving them is going to be as heartbreaking as leaving my 10 girls in Florida every season. AHH!

How long did you have a house roo for? :-)
My little guy "Happy" lived in the house his whole life. He unfortunately passed away this spring at only 1 year 9 months old. We still miss him :(
663.jpg
663.jpg (6.05 KiB) Viewed 2021 times

Fairfeathers
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Fairfeathers » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:55 pm

I'm in the area!

Nice to see that your Silkies and cat get along :)

Return to “I'm New Here Introductions”