Hello from Quebec

New to PTO? Want to stop in and say hi and introduce yourself? Here's the place to do it!
Anais
Newly Hatched Chick

Hello from Quebec

Post by Anais » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:41 pm

thegawd wrote:QR_BBPOST Welcome aboard Anais! We have all your poultry needs and then some! I see you reached out to La-Chicken, shes a fantastic Buckeye breeder with the most excellent Buckeyes Iv ever seen! I think she is heavily involved in the Buckeye club. Heres her website, http://www.lalallamas-chickendivision.com/ and heres the Buckeye Club, where she is the only Canadian breeder listed. http://americanbuckeyeclub.blogspot.ca/

I breed Rhode Island Reds and I searched for a while trying to get the perfect birds to start with, so I totally understand the passion and the search involved to find the best birds! My reds came from Quebec :-) hehe Crystal (La-Chicken) like to call RIR's "the other Red," well, LOL, I now like to call Buckeyes "the other red!"

Good luck in your search and have a good one!
Thanks for your message! And yes! La-Chicken seems to be a very good source for quality Buckeyes in Canada! I feel a little discouraged and wonder if as a beginner in breeding I shouldn't start with a breed that is ''easier'', as in easier to source birds that are non-related, or actually, just finding birds period!...but the thing is, I really love this breed and they seem to be so hardy, and tasty, and nice! anyways...I'll see if it works out.

I did just order a incubator online, hopefully that will give me more options for sourcing good birds!

Anais
Newly Hatched Chick

Hello from Quebec

Post by Anais » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:43 pm

windwalkingwolf wrote:QR_BBPOST Welcome to PTO!!!
Thank you!!
Killerbunny wrote:QR_BBPOST Welcome to PTO
Ormstown Fair/show is a great time!
I will be checking that out for sure!
TomK wrote:QR_BBPOST :welcome: hiya and welcome to PTO from eastern Ont...there are some buckeye enthusiasts on here
Thanks!

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator
Answers: 1

Hello from Quebec

Post by thegawd » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:07 pm

I would hold out until you can get some eggs from Crystal, she has a few different lines and Im sure she has imported some from the US. But you wouldnt want to try incubating possibly expensive eggs for your first time, so get something cheaper that you can experiment a bit with, then get some eggs from Crystal.

Have a good one!
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Flat Rock Farm

Hello from Quebec

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:22 pm

:welcome: to PTO :stars:

I agree with Al, get in touch with Crystal "lachicken" for the Buckeye's :wink:

Anais
Newly Hatched Chick

Hello from Quebec

Post by Anais » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:21 pm

thegawd wrote:QR_BBPOST I would hold out until you can get some eggs from Crystal, she has a few different lines and Im sure she has imported some from the US. But you wouldnt want to try incubating possibly expensive eggs for your first time, so get something cheaper that you can experiment a bit with, then get some eggs from Crystal.

Have a good one!
Thanks for your suggestion...I am thinking maybe I am jumping into things too fast. I am not in a rush anyways, and there are other breeds that I had in the past that I really like that are a bit easier to come across (chanteclerc, wyandotte, ameraucana...) anyways I have a bit of time to do more research, my incubator is not here till april!!

Anais
Newly Hatched Chick

Hello from Quebec

Post by Anais » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:21 pm

Flat Rock Farm wrote:QR_BBPOST :welcome: to PTO :stars:

I agree with Al, get in touch with Crystal "lachicken" for the Buckeye's :wink:
I did, so I will see what she thinks :)

Return to “I'm New Here Introductions”