Hi from Milton

New to PTO? Want to stop in and say hi and introduce yourself? Here's the place to do it!
TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Re: Hi from Milton

Post by TomK » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:42 am

:running-chicken: Welcome...
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:42 pm

Welcome to the new board!

Pollo Caballo
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Post by Pollo Caballo » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:42 pm

Thanks all.
Well I may have to look into trying to find some langshan eggs to hatch out this spring ...if they seem purple enough! One of my black copper hens also occasionally lays an egg with extra bloom on it so it appears as a muted wine/plum color ....but not really a purple...so will keep on looking and trying various home crosses. Still lots of fun and I always get some neat colored pullets that lay all kinds funky colored eggs.

madison174
On the Roost
Answers: 1

Post by madison174 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:54 pm

You sound like me this past year :) Finally a farm, horses, chickens...and roosters free to crow any time they please! I may be guilty of shining the flashlight in the window at dusk just to hear them lol. No one can complain! Insert evil laugh ;)

Welcome back!
Pollo Caballo wrote:Hi all.
It is Bojangles from the old PSO site here to introduce/reintroduce myself! New site, new home so thought the new name would reflect the influence my Italian friends had in teaching me about farming, gardening and poultry over the last ten years.
It had been quite awhile since I logged on to PSO as some sort of site maintenance last spring would not let me log on. So needless to say mannnnnny months later when I tried again I see PSO is now become PTO. Nice to see familiar names on this site.
I have had a busy last year or two with a move to my life long dream of a hobby farm over a year ago. It has been a lot of hard work and fun and a plethora of new "farm" things to learn. I hope we get to stay here for many years to come and I ( and hopefully my kids) will value every second here.
I now have the privilege of keeping my horses and chickens at home and I don't think a day has gone by when I don't smile when I hear my roosters crowing or see my horses roaming their paddocks. I had a lovely coop built last summer and I keep my two flocks secure there with the Fort Knox of chicken yards. They do get to free range (one flock at a time) when I am home to keep an eye on them. I still have a lovely colorful array of chickens and eggs with Ameraucanas, Easter eggers, black and blue copper Marans , two lavender orpingtons and several mixes of the above. As in years past I have a couple specific crosses planned for this spring and am still hoping for that all elusive purple egg! Anybody have any luck with that since I have been off air?

Return to “I'm New Here Introductions”