Hard boiled eggs

MommaChick
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Hard boiled eggs

Post by MommaChick » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:19 am

I add baking soda to my pot of water then run them over cold water. Works great for 98% of the eggs. Its ok that a few get ruined, those are the ones we can snaack on right away.
Momma to 4 little chicks down on The Farm
Chickens: Standard White Chanteclers, Bantam Rhode Island Reds, Bantam Black Wyandottes.
Rabbits: Black, Broken Black, & Black Otter Rex
Big Critters: Milking Shorthorns (Reg and Grade), Hay burning Horses out back, and one patient man

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Hard boiled eggs

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:49 am

SandyM wrote:QR_BBPOST Via WLLady

Boil in steamer for 12 minutes. Put in bowl of ice and water. Cool completely. Peels easily and fool proof!!!! The only way we do them.
Time for boil is dependent on how you like the cooked. Start with12 and go from there.

Cheers!
WLLady wrote:QR_BBPOST LOL. Yep, that's how i do them....and that's the ONLY way i can make fresh eggs peel without the white sticking to the shells.
Finally tried this, done to perfection after 12 min, even the cracks behaved better in steam then in water, will never bother to boil eggs again. :)

muffin57
Chatty Hen

Hard boiled eggs

Post by muffin57 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:50 pm

I place my eggs in a pot and cover with water. I use salt and vinegar in the water. Bring to a boil and boil for one minute. Cover with lid and remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Run cold water over the eggs to cool.

Here is a link to both methods of steaming and boiling

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/ho ... iled_eggs/

ChickenLittle
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Hard boiled eggs

Post by ChickenLittle » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:47 pm

The best thing to do it to put them in a glass and shake it up, crack it all over. Not too and though, you will break the egg. It loosens the membrane too. Then it all peels off in a pretty big piece.

Return to “Favourite Recipes”