Chilli hot chocolate

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Chilli hot chocolate

Post by baronrenfrew » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:33 pm

:decision: oohh, hot and spicy: i agree with www that our palate is mild but I would not say boring: the "salespeople" are selling us bland tomatoes because they can be picked green and shipped then put in a co2 room to turn colour. The flavourful tomatoes don't ship well and have a short shelf life but the flavour... Oohh... And the smell. Read this http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=352424&page=1

And bread... Mmmm.... A good crusty loaf from heirloom grains... The plastic wrapped stuff in the stores shouldn't be called bread.

And no one wants to mention the nutrition differences .

I just recorded a travel show.. The lady is on the Amalfi coast of Italy and spends a couple days at a family run cooking school. Below the house are beds of herbs and veggies. She makes a tomato sauce with fresh (not dried) bay leaves ..... and fresh basil and opens a jar of homemade tomato sauce.. And a VERY green olive oil...

Sorry Al.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Cuttlefish
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Chilli hot chocolate

Post by Cuttlefish » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:16 pm

Chocolate and spice sound interesting. I like spicy, but can't handle much... and so I cheat by adding a fat like cheese or sour cream, but good chocolate might just work. ---for those who don't know, capsaicin is fat soluble, so drinking water won't help you-------

baron, that's a good article about the tomatoes. There's a slow movement building to allow "imperfect" produce... No Name sells some apples and bell peppers in bags that don't meet the standards, but more needs to be done for sure.

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Chilli hot chocolate

Post by windwalkingwolf » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:27 pm

SandyM wrote:QR_BBPOST Ahem. I'm not boring. Well maybe a little. But when it comes to food I like singular flavours and mild. Us boring people created perogies. You can thank me later.

(I just being cheeky. A bit)
LOL! I douse perogies in sauce, usually 3-cheese dressing.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Chilli hot chocolate

Post by baronrenfrew » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:10 am

The nights turn cold and my cravings move from beer and coffee to mint tea and hot chocolate. Just digging this up, gotta go get some ancho powder again.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

windwalkingwolf

Chilli hot chocolate

Post by windwalkingwolf » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:52 pm

Coffee with some cocoa powder in it is amazing, just saying :D

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Chilli hot chocolate

Post by kenya » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:19 pm

I love hot chocolate, but I'm a bit of a purist, not sure if I would like it with chili peppers but I'm willing to try. Have to make this one cold winter day.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Chilli hot chocolate

Post by baronrenfrew » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:42 pm

A purist....hmmm... Chilli peppers, cocoa, cinnamon, and vanilla are all native from Yucatan (Cancun) Mexico. Mole sauce..... The natives mix the ingredients together for marvelous concoctions. Ya gotta get good ingredients and get the balance right. I just bought some ancho powder but it seems weak/stale. Gotta order some in from a place that deals in volume.

This looks good...amazing selection....
http://www.silkroadspices.ca/t/categori ... li-powders

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Chilli hot chocolate

Post by Skinny rooster » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:55 pm

Actually I was thinking that it probably tastes great. I guess you need the sugar but 1/4 cup seems a lot. I like chilli but unfortunately chilli haaaaaates me so for the safety of the people around me (for miles and miles) I will not be making this lol.

windwalkingwolf

Chilli hot chocolate

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:50 pm

Baron, that may just be my new second favourite website!!! Wow, LOVE the selection. And they have whole de Arbol chili's, WOOT! I'm going to get some just for the seed, I've had a tough time finding it north of Florida. Thank you. AND, they have real cinnamon, whole turmeric, and all sorts of fabulous things!!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Chilli hot chocolate

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:54 am

Yup, real cinnamon not cassia?
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Favourite Recipes”