Arva Flour Mill a hidden gem near London Ont

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:48 pm

Do they still operate the "old way" with wood pully sytems , belts etc . Baron ?In the 70's i worked in an old style family owned & run lumber mill in Springfield Ont . Craig Lumber . They had monster electric motor with a shaft that the 6" flat belts ran off of for running saws, planers etc that you moved along from one to the other machine with a 2/4 to make um run . Not all at once . Once yu caught on it was very effecient but slow .
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:17 pm

Yeah the lumber at UC Village saws are old and slow, water driven and pulleys, nifty old tech. Guy works there in summer and in bush in winter. Saws move slow so wood is very smooth and requires almost no planing.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

weatherfieldwyandottes
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by weatherfieldwyandottes » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:32 pm

JimW wrote:QR_BBPOST
WLLady wrote:QR_BBPOST Were you a math geek jimw? I spent most of my time either rowing (my brother and i founded the rowing team) or doing those darned math competitions....lol.

I gotta check out the arva flour mills grains...
Nope not a math geek, I liked math, just didn't bother with the competitions. I tried rowing for awhile in grade 9, but quick after awhile, too hard to get to Fanshawe Lake for practice, then switched to football in grade 10 and also started the Environment Club.
Another Cowboy here - although I wouldn't have crossed paths with either of you, as I was there in a different time.

Return to “Favourite Recipes”