Instant Pot recipes

Brebis
Chatty Hen

Instant Pot recipes

Post by Brebis » Sun May 06, 2018 12:25 pm

So, I got an Instant Pot for my birthday recently from my sister. As with most of our presents, it is a family present and it was really my DH who really wanted it! It’s invention is interesting too being a great Canadian success story,

Anyway, we’re looking forward to using it and needless to say Phil has already amassed a list of recipes. One of the things I was thinking it will be good for is cooking those older cockerels who taste great but can be a bit tough. Coq au vin here we come! :rooster-171:

So, anyone have one of these and have any favorited recipes to recommend?
Former dairy shepherd and owner of a menagerie of chickens and Pencilled Turkeys, now owned by three cats and a border collie x Australian shepherd pup.

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Re: Instant Pot recipes

Post by Jaye » Sun May 06, 2018 4:15 pm

Yes, I have had my Instant Pot since Black Friday last year and my one of my favourite whole chicken recipes is this one:

I love my Instant Pot. It's so versatile. It's great for one pot meals in particular. Pasta recipes are especially good, because the pasta turns out el dente, perfect every time. 3 minutes for pasta (not including time to get up to pressure and 10-minute quasi-natural release of course).
I made (ground) beef stroganoff the other day: yum!
I do up batches of quinoa or rice and freeze portions for later. Makes for quick easy weekday meal sides.
Last edited by Jaye on Tue May 08, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Mon May 07, 2018 5:43 pm

I read the title and thought you were talking about a different kind of pot!

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Mon May 07, 2018 5:55 pm

HEY MAN , SAY WHAT ? COOOL GOOD 💩
Me too thanks for the smile 🌱
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Tue May 08, 2018 6:42 am

Yup I think we all thought the same. I take it this is a pressure cooker?

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Tue May 08, 2018 7:37 pm

Yes, but more than just an electric pressure cooker; it's a multi-function appliance. It incorporates the functions of five cooking appliances into one: pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer and warmer. ... some models have a sterilizer and a yogurt maker function. It's programmable. Made by a Canadian Company with headquarters in Ottawa.
I think I heard that their latest model may have a sous vide function.
You can do stuff like bake cakes, steam eggs, sauté, make porridge, pot-in-pot meals, etc. I made a delish cheesecake at Christmas. Oh, and you can make a pretty reasonable facsimile of Starbuck's popular sous vide eggs. I made mine in 500g mason jars. Great for grab 'n go breakfast when you make a batch ahead and refrigerate, then heat up when you want it.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Return to “Favourite Recipes”