chocolate chip cookies????

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

chocolate chip cookies????

Post by Skinny rooster » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:32 pm

:speechless:
I tried the chocolate chip cookie recipe on the back of the chocolate chips bag but they weren't that good, does anyone have an old recipe? I want to use butter, not shortening.

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Re: chocolate chip cookies????

Post by windwalkingwolf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:47 pm

Chocolate chips are gross, fake, slimy and fake. Did I say fake? Lol
Here's a recipe I like

INGREDIENTS
1 cup (2 sticks, 8 ounces, 225 g) unsalted butter
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (oat flour is extra yummy)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, cayenne or spice of your choice, or a teaspoon of instant coffee
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
9 ounces of milk chocolate (or semi-sweet or dark if you prefer) bars, roughly chopped into chunks, about 2 cups
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

1 Brown the butter: (optional, but adds flavour) Melt the butter in a medium sized, thick-bottomed, stainless steel saucepan (use stainless steel so you can tell when the butter has browned) on medium heat.
Continue to cook while the butter goes through various stages of bubbling up and releasing its moisture.  Whisk frequently over several minutes.
When you start to smell the nutty aroma of the butter browning, and you can whisk aside some of the foam to see small browned bits at the bottom of the pan, remove from heat and pour off into a bowl. Do not dawdle at this point as it is easy for the butter to go from browned to burnt.
2 Whisk together dry ingredients: Place the flour, salt, baking soda, and spice in a bowl and vigorously whisk together.
3 Beat brown butter and sugars, then add eggs and vanilla: Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour browned butter into the bowl of a stand-up mixer (if you don't have a mixer, you can just beat by hand). Add the sugars and beat until smooth.  Add the eggs, beating after each addition.  Add the vanilla extract and beat for 3 more minutes.
4 Add flour mixture to wet ingredients, then stir in chocolate chunks: Stir the flour mixture into the butter sugar mixture a third at a time. Stir in the chocolate chunks and the nuts (if using). Up to this point you can make ahead a day or two and store the cookie dough in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
5 Spoon out cookie dough to lined baking sheet: Line cookie sheets with Silpat or parchment paper (or just lightly butter  rimmed cookie sheets.
Spoon out heaping tablespoon hunks of batter onto the cookie sheets, separated by at least 2 inches, allowing room for the cookies to spread as they cook.  You may need to work in batches.
6 Bake at 350°F for about 12 minutes, the edges of the cookies should be just a little browned. Remove from the oven, let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Then remove the cookies to cool completely on a rack.

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:37 am

Here's a recipe I saw them make on The Chew. I thought they looked good, but I haven't tried it yet.

Chocolate Chip Cookies / The Chew

2 cups minus 2 tablespoons Cake flour
1 2/3 cup Bread flour
1 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon Coarse salt
1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 butter) Unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups Light brown sugar
1 cups plus 2 tablespoons Granulated sugar
2 Large eggs
2 teaspoon Natural vanilla extract
1 1/4 pounds Bittersweet chocolate at least 60 percent cacao content (Note: Disks are sold at Jacques Torres Chocolate; Valrhona fèves, oval-shaped chocolate pieces, are at Whole Foods.)
Sea salt for garnish

Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds.

Drop chocolate pieces in and incorporate them without breaking them. Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours. Dough may be used in batches, and can be refrigerated for up to 72 hours. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Set aside.
Scoop 6 - 3 ½ ounce mounds of dough (the size of generous golf balls) onto baking sheet, making sure to turn horizontally any chocolate pieces that are poking up; it will make for a more attractive cookie. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake until golden brown but still soft, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack for 10 minutes, then slip cookies onto another rack to cool a bit more. Repeat with remaining dough, or reserve dough, refrigerated, for baking remaining batches the next day. Eat warm, with a big napkin.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:06 pm

Thank you, I will call you guys when they are ready lol, or I'll mail you some. Snookie I think you are out west?

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:06 pm

Yes, I am in frigid Saskatchewan, but so far Canada Post still brings me mail. :)

muffin57
Chatty Hen

Post by muffin57 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:37 pm

I made these yesterday and they sure are yummy. They are soft and chewy. I used coconut oil for the butter, coconut sugar for the dark brown, oatmeal flour instead of grinding the oats and I put half chocolate chips and raisins in them. Next time I want to try some nuts too, maybe some chopped pecans. Next time I'm cutting back on the sugar, as I found them a bit too sweet for my liking.

https://showmetheyummy.com/oatmeal-choc ... es-recipe/

Return to “Favourite Recipes”