Mr Bean makes oatmeal cranberry cookies.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Mr Bean makes oatmeal cranberry cookies.

Post by Skinny rooster » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:52 am

Like I said, I swear I'm in a Mr Bean episode. A few days before Christmas my sister asks if everything is a go, usually she makes Christmas dinner and I go pick mom up from the nursing home and we drive down and spend the day at my sister's house. She asked if I was making her my cranberry oatmeal cookies, I said yes. Christmas eve I start making them so that they will be fresh. While doing it I realize that I only have enough spice to make one batch so I figured that I better follow the recipe exactly as nothing can go wrong. While making the cookies I need to use softened butter but since the house is freezing I decided to microwave the butter a little. I took it out before it became butter juice but while sitting on the counter, it still continued to rapidly melt and turned into butter soup. I figured that should not be a problem. When I made the cookies the dough was too runny, while baking the cookies turned into oatmeal splatter, they went credit card thin and connected to form a giant oatmeal wafer! Instead of using my spatula to get them out, I just rolled them up like a newspaper. I was shaking my head, I made these a hundred times and the one time I needed everything to work...... anyway long story short, my sister reassured me that they tasted much better than they looked!

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Re: Mr Bean makes oatmeal cranberry cookies.

Post by windwalkingwolf » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:54 pm

roflmbo

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:51 am

I make a cranberry oatmeal that I throw some chopped pecans in too, they're great!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:25 pm

Killerbunny wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:51 am
I make a cranberry oatmeal that I throw some chopped pecans in too, they're great!
Maybe it's the same recipe KB, mine has pecans as well.

Return to “Favourite Recipes”