Pickled Eggs

Nickyn
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Pickled Eggs

Post by Nickyn » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:31 pm

Does anyone have any favourite pickled egg recipes? I didn't see any in the posts. I've never done them before, but my family and friends are all begging for me to try (:

Poultryprincess
Chatty Hen

Re: Pickled Eggs

Post by Poultryprincess » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:04 pm

The only thing I do is boil, cool & peel the eggs. ( I like Bantam eggs )
I put the eggs in the brine from Dill Pickles & sprinkle crushed red chilli peppers in top.
Pickled eggs never last more than a wk here, so I really can't say what the shelf life is.
:PTO: My NEW Life Motto for 2020 "DREAM BIG ~ SET GOALS ~ TAKE ACTION" :PTO:

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:44 pm

Well, I do know that they will last a couple of weeks at least: Hubby got it into his head while I was away for two weeks that he should try pickled eggs - which is weird because he's never been interested in pickling anything before.

Anyway, long story short, he went pickled egg crazy and put up several dozen. He gave away a lot, but we still have a few jars here in the fridge. I don't know about you, but I can only eat so many pickled eggs before the system backs up, so temperance is key. The batches in our fridge are about two weeks old now, and still perfectly edible.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:58 am

I was going to make pickled eggs and boiled up a couple dozen quail eggs. I never got to the pickling part my husband saw them ( after I'd peeled them all of course) and made off with them. Apparently they make great snacks at work. Just the right size.

muffin57
Chatty Hen

Post by muffin57 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:04 pm

I do the same Poultryprincess. I save my jars of pickle juice from my homemade dills and put the boiled eggs in them. The flavor of dill and garlic makes them the best pickled eggs.

Return to “Favourite Recipes”