Halal Turkey Dinner

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Re: Halal Turkey Dinner

Post by Jaye » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:02 pm

Respectfully, I have to agree with Jossy J on this: I don't consider Halal slaughter humane at all. It takes more than a few minutes to bleed out, and the animal is conscious while it slowly dies. You cannot convince me that is painless.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:07 am

i'm glad the dinner went off well farrier! deep down i think most people and religions are very similar. thanks for what we have, and who is in our lives, and help us to be better people, and can't we all just get along. unfortunately these are not the religions that get the fame and public press.....
to each their own :-)
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:15 pm

Mostly agreeing with the previous few comments. I got the halal turkey to be able to welcome someone into my home and introduce them to some of our food and customs.

I have never figured out religion or the spiritual end of things for sure, but the one I try to live you is the golden rule Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Do not always make it for sure, but I make an attempt. That said, if i I was a turkey and this was my fate, i would prefer a wack in the back of the head so I didnt know about the rest. So I am generally with the others who have commented here.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Return to “Favourite Recipes”