Christmas Fruit Cake

Flat Rock Farm

Christmas Fruit Cake

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:00 pm

Thought I would share my Christmas fruit cake recipe. It's an nice light and moist fruit cake that is easy to make and does not involve days doing like some recipes. It has been my family favorite and have been making this recipe for 20 something years........

Only thing I replace in the nuts, I am not fond of Brazil nuts so I either use pecans or walnuts or a combination of the two :wink:
Attachments
IMG_2495 (1024x575).jpg

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Christmas Fruit Cake

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:57 pm

What always spoils fruitcake for me, are the maraschino cherries. Candied cherries are NOT a fruit lol. Replace those with real cherries, and the candied fruit with just dried fruit, and the shortening with butter. It wouldn't look as pretty nor keep as long, but I bet it would be delicious!

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Christmas Fruit Cake

Post by TomK » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:23 am

FRF..lol.send those Brazil nuts my way..I love them and am usually chastised for picking them all out of the mixed nut bowl at a party....Its hilarious but MJ has made a dark fruit cake every year for as long as I've known her...long time...its dark, moist, loaded with nuts and fruit, steeped in Napoleon brandy and soooo good...none of my girls like it, which is sad, but fine with me...her recipe makes two large loaves and we end up eating one thru the days in Dec...coupla slices with a glass of sherry after all is said and done at days end... :running-chicken:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Christmas Fruit Cake

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:37 am

I make mine in august at the latest. No cherries Jan!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Favourite Recipes”