Grits

domineckernc
Newly Hatched Chick

Grits

Post by domineckernc » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:06 am

Naww, not the kind y'all feed the chickens...that's grit, singular. I'm talkin' GRITS. Hominy grits to be exact. Pick some up at Publix or Winn Dixie next time you drive down to Disney World. You can get 'em anywheres south of Cincinatti. Get the five minute kind, not the instant. Add a cup of grits to 4 cups of boilin' water. Turn down to low and stir often till you you get a thick creamy pot of grits. Add some salt and butter. You can eat 'em just like that but, Lord God child, top e'm with a couple of over easy eggs and some bacon and you've got something good.

You can go all fancy and add some chedder cheese with the butter. Sauteed shrimp on top of a plate of grits is a Charleston SC specialty. Go all spicy with some New Orleans BBQ oysters on top. No Alabama fish fry would be without 'em nestled right between the fish and the coleslaw.

Guess what's for breakfast this morning at my house. :)

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: Grits

Post by WLLady » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:02 pm

ooooohhhhhh YUM!!!!! when i was down south i LOVED grits!!!!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Robbie
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Re: Grits

Post by Robbie » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:16 pm

I tried grits in Tennessee. I was kind of disappointed that they weren't gritty. By the way the best coffee anywhere I swear is served in Eastern Tennessee. Apple cider too.
:sFun_mornincoffee:

Return to “Favourite Recipes”