RABBITS for meat, with a twist

Raising your own and being self sufficient.
Forum rules
Warning: This thread may contain subjects that are disturbing to some (including processing instructions, predator control methods etc.). If you do not wish to read about these topics do not open them. Overt criticism of these practices, which are required for self-sufficiency, crop and livestock protection will not be tolerated. Any discussion pertaining to infringement on animal rights in a radical manner will result in banning from PTO at the moderator’s discretion.
egg-centric
Newly Hatched Chick

RABBITS for meat, with a twist

Post by egg-centric » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:28 pm

G. Williams, I would be happy to! I am all for not wasting. I have put the word out around here that I will take deadstock but no one has called me yet.

scottishpet
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Re: RABBITS for meat, with a twist

Post by scottishpet » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:17 pm

love this thread as feeding raw is something I am looking at right now and have been reading about adding rabbits to the plan for the dog...though I do enjoy rabbit myself. :iheartpto:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Just remember when feeding dogs raw if critter has any decease you are feeding directly to your pet . I fed some meat to my hounds but boiled first. My hounds were raised on this from birth . When I worked at a Zoo all our big cats ate raw horse , turkey or beef . Fresh killed . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Epona
Starting to Crow

Post by Epona » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:36 pm

I've never deboned or crushed the bone in a raw chicken carcasses that we feed to the dogs. Haven't ever had a problem w the dogs. Always understood that uncooked chicken bones would not damage as the cooked ones will. Every time I see a discussion on this topic, I have to admit I rethink the chicken bone debate.

Return to “Homesteading”