Cutting HAY TODAY!

Raising your own and being self sufficient.
Forum rules
Warning: This thread may contain subjects that are disturbing to some (including processing instructions, predator control methods etc.). If you do not wish to read about these topics do not open them. Overt criticism of these practices, which are required for self-sufficiency, crop and livestock protection will not be tolerated. Any discussion pertaining to infringement on animal rights in a radical manner will result in banning from PTO at the moderator’s discretion.
WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: Cutting HAY TODAY!

Post by WLLady » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:18 am

just got my hay delivered on saturday. I LOVE the smell of the barn with the new hay in......nothing better!
amazingly we managed to get no rain first cut. the guy cut it and managed to bale it just before it rained and got it into his driveshed LOL. it sat airing filling up his driveshed for about 3 weeks.....and it rained every day for those 3 week LOL. we were lucky. and the horses already tried to break into it (temporary wall installed) so i know it'll be good stuff for them.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Return to “Homesteading”