ANY QUILTERS Here?

KimChick
Head Chicken

Re: ANY QUILTERS Here?

Post by KimChick » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:35 pm

I have decided on my next quilting project.
If you consider making placemats in the quilting category, I'm almost done some. Just have to finish making more bias tape.
Anyway, I am going to make a couple of very large, duffel bag style, bags.
Scrap fabric sizes permitting, I'm going to use the rectangular Euclid Quilt pattern. It's simple enough for me.

In the meantime, I have made my own pattern for a tote bag. I'll call it a boxy hobo bag.
In memory of our first rooster, I wrote and published a Kindle eBook on Amazon, "Humphrey, the Rooster: A true story". Humphrey is my current avatar.

KimChick
Head Chicken

Re: ANY QUILTERS Here?

Post by KimChick » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:19 am

Just a brief update:
I made a prototype of my small tote bag and used it when I went to the Westport Music Festival. I found that I need to shorten the strap handles and make the depth of the bag an inch smaller.
THEN, when perusing for bag styles and patterns again, I found what I wanted in the first place... AFTER making my own! *sigh*
Next, I have to get started with making a quilt pattern for part of the body of the bag.

The other item I want to make for my sewing area, which I will have to figure out for myself, is a fabric wall pocket organizer that is over a clothes hanger, like a suit or dress bag.
There is just so many things I want to sew!!!
In memory of our first rooster, I wrote and published a Kindle eBook on Amazon, "Humphrey, the Rooster: A true story". Humphrey is my current avatar.

Return to “Crafting”