Show and Tell

KimChick
Head Chicken

Show and Tell

Post by KimChick » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:44 pm

Here are the 6 place-mats that I just finished. They are hanging to dry the Scotch-Gard that I sprayed on them. I also made a shorter version of the place-mat for a table topper. The light side is olive and teal; the dark side is brown and teal. The light fabric is repurposed; it used to be a bed skirt. I was fortunate to find the coordinating dark fabric at Sew Crafty in Rideau Ferry. After machine quilting them, I made the bias tape edging from fabric that is a very deep olive brown.
20200108_191403.jpg
Who else has finished a project lately? I would love to see what others are crafting.

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Re: Show and Tell

Post by Jaye » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:20 pm

Not quilting, but I did finally get a new leash and collar made from paracord for Aiden. It's made with 8 strands/two colours of paracord, braided. The leash is a 5-way convertible and DH likes it better than the first one I made because if he wears it hands-free, there is a longer lead, so that Aiden can walk a bit further away from him and avoid throwing him off balance.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:27 pm

I did not know that leashes and collars could be made to order. Ever neat!
Since this is a poultry site, here is an applique that I completed a year or two ago to cover the messiness of ripping out old work shirt embroidery.
rooster applique - complete.jpg

Jaye

Post by Jaye » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:00 pm

Cute! And a favourite workshirt lives on a little longer.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:39 am

Sew Crafty is a great little shop! Embroidery supplies I can't get anywhere else are there!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:24 am

Now you're making me feel bad Jaye as I have some skeins of paracord in my closet that I bought eons ago (to make dog leashes). The ones we made from climbing rope have lasted forever at least.....

Jaye

Post by Jaye » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:39 am

Don't feel bad, @labradors ... I've been trying to find time and energy to make this leash and collar since last summer when I the cord I ordered arrived. I didn't get any further than the starter knot before I put it away until I could get around to it. I find that winter is a good time to get caught up on projects like this.
Last edited by Jaye on Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:24 pm

Ah yes, I should bring it south with me!!!

Last winter I decided to knit squares and got quite hooked on it. I knitted a gazillion cotton wash cloths and dishcloths, and little ones for coasters. The problem was that whilst *I* think they are great washcloths, hubby doesn't, and probably the friends that I gave them to weren't impressed either. I don't think they are much good as dishcloths either, but the coasters were a big hit at least.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:30 pm

I have just one pocket to finish and to do something (not sure yet) what with the collar....then wash and block.....its done in tunisian crochet, with variegated yarn without a pattern so it's taken me MONTHS. LOL
cardigan thingy 2.jpg
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Jaye

Post by Jaye » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:18 pm

Very nice, @WLLady ! That must have taken a lot of time and yarn!
I have wanted to try crocheting something much less ambitious - like a slouch hat or a scarf ;-) - using the Tunisian method of crocheting, but haven't been able to locate my crochet hooks ... it's been a while since I've crocheted anything :-|

Return to “Crafting”