my friend made this for her mom's Christmas tree at the bottom
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: ANY QUILTERS Here?

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:02 am

This is a recap,
In the sixties and seventies, when quilting revival was in full swing and I was at home with 2 children, and did an awful lots of sewing and quilting, cottons came up on sale regularly for $0.49 a yard and I couldn't resist.
With the arrival of third child and work outside home, the boxes got put away for later.
Apparently much later then expected, after retirement I picked up quilting again, and there were so many new beautiful fabrics available I went on a bit of a binge, until fabrics and even quilting thread became so expensive, that I promised myself no more new fabrics until my old box was used up.

and now 2 years later, it turned out to be enough fabric for 2 lap quilts so I decided to make a log cabin pattern for my DIL and son for their cottage.
son looked a bit horrified, so I promised him a more manly one ;)
DIL
Judy's quilt.jpg
son
Vic's Quilt.jpg
There is only one more quilt I need to make for my granddaughter, she is 4 years old, I am hoping to finish it before she gets married or before I die , whichever comes first. ;)

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:40 pm

They're both really pretty!
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:36 pm

Ontario Chick wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:02 am
This is a recap,
In the sixties and seventies, when quilting revival was in full swing and I was at home with 2 children, and did an awful lots of sewing and quilting, cottons came up on sale regularly for $0.49 a yard and I couldn't resist.
With the arrival of third child and work outside home, the boxes got put away for later.
Apparently much later then expected, after retirement I picked up quilting again, and there were so many new beautiful fabrics available I went on a bit of a binge, until fabrics and even quilting thread became so expensive, that I promised myself no more new fabrics until my old box was used up.

thumb_77_078cb8ed2bac6a3fbbadbc4823e24b7c.jpeg.pdf
thumb_77_1e4a79f7faeb6a61bcc933d8aaef89e2.jpeg.pdf

and now 2 years later, it turned out to be enough fabric for 2 lap quilts so I decided to make a log cabin pattern for my DIL and son for their cottage.
son looked a bit horrified, so I promised him a more manly one ;)
DIL
Judy's quilt.jpg
son
Vic's Quilt.jpg

There is only one more quilt I need to make for my granddaughter, she is 4 years old, I am hoping to finish it before she gets married or before I die , whichever comes first. ;)
Beautiful quilts... Maybe you should teach a quilting class? This is the latest from my quilting friend..
IMG_20230612_193314.jpg
IMG_20230612_193303.jpg
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

Return to “Crafting”