Aerogarden

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Re: Aerogarden

Post by lolotsung » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:51 am

Our Lab named Goldie would poop in my dad's backyard when I visited. He called them Golden Nuggets. He would pick them up and bury them in his vege garden. In the Spring tomato plants popped up.😂😂😂🍅 Do the plants in an Aerogarden grow far better than herbs in the window in a pot with soil would?
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:31 am

And you are still here to tell the tale! :) We've always been told not to use carnivore manure on the veggie garden.

Everything seems to grow faster and better in an Aerogarden. (AG claims they grow 5 times faster! ) The reason being that they get light for 16 hours a day, constant nutrition and moisture.

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:38 am

Yeah really.... God knows what a Lab puppy eats... Well that poop had a year to become one with the soil... First thing I do when I get a pup is poop check deworm poop check....I think I'm going to give the aerogarden a whirl... Maybe start with herbs in the kitchen...

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:26 am

I just bought a https://www.slegersgreens.com basil, @ $ 4.99
it will last me until spring, probably more practical way to go for me, I use way too much parsley to be able to grow it, and the rest I am happy to use dry. That bit of green in the kitchen just cheers me up :)

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:35 am

I have a rosemary under our grow light that's doing great. Crazy thing is I just looked in a garden container and founnd parsley sprouting!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:59 am

Everyone is in the gardening mood :).

Lolotsung, I think you will love your Aerogarden herbs! Good idea to worm the puppies if they eat questionable stuff. I noticed that the AG Harvest (6 pods) is on sale at Amazon for $92 ATM. The AG Sprout ($3 pods) is also on sale at Walmart for $60.

Ontario Chick. I'm sure you know this, but you can always keep some basil growing in water (or potting mix) on your windowsill if you have the inclination :).

Killerbunny, good for you keeping the Rosemary going! How nice to find a volunteer parsley :) I grow lots of parsley outside. I harvest and freeze it in baggies to add to doggy dinners over the winter, but the rabbits are making it hard because I have to fence it with chicken wire to keep them out!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:14 pm

@labradors I think it's rather expensive for me. Luckily I already have growlights.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:56 pm

Killer Bunny, I start all my seeds under grow lights - not until mid-March though. Can't wait!

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:50 pm

labradors wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:59 am
Everyone is in the gardening mood :).

Lolotsung, I think you will love your Aerogarden herbs! Good idea to worm the puppies if they eat questionable stuff. I noticed that the AG Harvest (6 pods) is on sale at Amazon for $92 ATM. The AG Sprout ($3 pods) is also on sale at Walmart for $60.

Ontario Chick. I'm sure you know this, but you can always keep some basil growing in water (or potting mix) on your windowsill if you have the inclination :).

Killerbunny, good for you keeping the Rosemary going! How nice to find a volunteer parsley :) I grow lots of parsley outside. I harvest and freeze it in baggies to add to doggy dinners over the winter, but the rabbits are making it hard because I have to fence it with chicken wire to keep them out!
Thanks for the tip! I'm looking forward to eating herbs from our AG.

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:04 am

Lolotsung, do let us know how it goes with your herbs! Be careful with the basil as they put 4 or 5 seeds in each pod and it gets a bit crowded in there when they all germinate. I transplanted some into other containers.

Return to “Gardening”