Post by baronrenfrew » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:01 pm

This Saturday in Ottawa - ECSONG - Eastern Chapter Society of Nut Growers event
admission is FREE
Ottawa Public Library room 1B, Nepean Centrepointe
near baseline x woodroffe
1:30 - 4:30pm

learn about nut trees, and more
2B22FA27-33F4-4B01-8221-7C7EBC235DDC.png
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Re: nut grower event - Ottawa - Free!

Post by TomK » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:43 pm

Ugh...why do these things always come up when my weekend is booked away already? :sAng_banghead:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:50 pm

I think this would be a very worthwhile event for those interested in nut growing ...
but I'm a nut, not a nut grower. Seriously, though, no room for more trees here, sadly. :-(
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:53 pm

my question is why is it always near ottawa??! i don't live anywhere near ottawa!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:54 am

WLLady wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:53 pm
my question is why is it always near ottawa??! i don't live anywhere near ottawa!
no - the big event is in Simcoe Ontario (near Brantford) in March - I stay at my sister's in London

SONG WINTER TECHNICAL MEETING
FEATURING: a day of presentations from professionals, farmers and hobbyists. Anyone wishing to speak at this day long nut growing adventure are welcomed to call Bruce Thurston at 519-740-6220 or email: thurston@silomail.com . All members and visitors are welcomed to attend. The only prerequisite is an interest in nut growing. There will be a short business meeting, elections, and motions to be voted on.
DATE: Wednesday, March 18, 2020. Please note the change of day from previous meetings held Tuesdays.
TIME: 9:30 a.m. Registration. 10:00 a.m. meeting starts. Pizza Lunch, coffee and drinks provided at 12:00 to 1:00. 3:30 p.m. meeting over.
LOCATION: The Simcoe Experiment Station Hall, on Blue Line Rd at Highway 3, Simcoe, Ontario. From Hwy 3 on the east side of Simcoe, drive north to the open gate turn left to the parking area and side entrance.
COST: Registration at the door, $20 includes lunch. Call Bruce Thurston at 519-740-6220 to let him know how many to plan for.

SONG SPRING AUCTION MEETING
FEATURING: Nut trees galore and more. Trees being auctioned include hazelnut, hardy Persian walnut, ultra-northern pecan, hickory, heartnut, sweet chestnut, pine nut, ginkgo, and hybrids including hicans and buartnuts to name a few. As a change of pace, an assortment of unusual fruits and ornamentals may be auctioned. Each year brings different items and always surprises. Members are encouraged to bring things to auction off. Please contact Ernie Grimo 905-934-6887 if you plan on bringing more than ten items.
This is a money raising event for the SONG/ECSONG treasury. It receives 30% of the proceeds.
DATE: May 3, 2020
TIME: Doors open at11:00. Auction: 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Members &visitors are welcome. Cash or cheque only.
LOCATION: King Heritage and Cultural Centre, 2920 King Rd, King City, ON L7B 1L6. Note that this is the same location as last year.

https://www.songonline.ca/calendar.htm
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Return to “Gardening”