Seed List

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Re: Seed List

Post by TomK » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:50 am

windwalkingwolf wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:58 am

Stodgy rich folks that buy annuals at garden centers every year, then pat themselves on the back at how much better their own yard looks compared to the other members' ;)
Jan...perhaps...i suppose that type is everywhere...the club holds a plant/seedling sale every spring..its the main fundraiser, it does ok but could be more vibrant and fun...i have offered suggestions...i have no wish to change everything, just tweak some ideas...i start and grow hundreds of seedlings each year and pick my best to use and share with family but have scads of stuff left over...i thought to ask for table space at the sale to sell off my surplus and maybe recover seed cost and give a percentage to the club for that privelege...no deal...they want me to donate all the surplus to the club...wtf!!!???...anyway...nuff said about that...but it's just one more example of the wall inside entrenched organizations... :sAng_banghead:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:04 am

JAN- I nearly forgot - a few Believe It or Not seeds please.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:21 pm

OK folks esp @windwalkingwolf . I will be getting some Golden Zucchini seeds, Baker Creek has them back in stock. It is very difficult to get untreated seed of these and I haven't grown them lately for that reason. I am not a huge fan of zucchini but these are crisp and delicious when picked small. They are NOT beetle resistant however. Let me know if anyone wants some.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:30 pm

1. Speaking of geraniums... I'm trying to over-winter some in the house; they are called "Mrs. Taylor" and have a red flower.
2. Tom - to which club are you referring? the Elgin Giving Gardeners? If so, I haven't heard from Susan in a long time.

Return to “Gardening”