Heritage Harvest.

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Heritage Harvest.

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:26 am

I thought I was done seed shopping for next Spring. I mean, I saved a bunch, ordered a bunch (still waiting on some back-ordered or pre-orders...PAWPAW!! WHOO!!) and will get a bunch from Nicky's seed swap. And then, today, I get the 2019 Heritage Harvest Seed catalogue in the mail. Twelve pages just of beans, and I've got three circled. I don't NEED more bean varieties. I don't even particularly LIKE eating beans. But I want them. They sound fabulous. On to beets, I haven't got past the first page yet. I think most people have heard of the beet called 'Chioggia'? It's rings are alternating red and white. I've been wanting to try it for years, but I hate the name: it always makes me think of "Chagas" (shudders). But HHS doesn't call it Chioggia, it's called Bassano/Candy Stripe, and even though I have beet seeds coming out my ears, I'm kind of thrilled. I've circled two beet varieties. I stopped there. I haven't turned the page. I am a little worried to check out the cabbages and carrots roflmbo

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Re: Heritage Harvest.

Post by TomK » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:15 am

:laugh: I love this seed company and the catalog is fantastic...Jan, just wait til you get to the tomatoes.. :run:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

windwalkingwolf

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:15 pm

TomK wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:15 am
:laugh: I love this seed company and the catalog is fantastic...Jan, just wait til you get to the tomatoes.. :run:
I put the catalogue down, and haven't picked it back up. I'm like a kid in a candy store, and feel I may be at risk of blowing my entire holiday budget on seeds I don't need roflmbo

JP*
On the Roost

Post by JP* » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:02 pm

Two things don't seem right here....
First you always need more seeds....
And I find it suspect that your mail got delivered. 😋

windwalkingwolf

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:29 pm

roflmbo I picked up the book again, but I'm still not through it yet. I put it back down in the middle of the tomatoes section. I now have a page and a half, single spaced looseleaf, of a wish list of seeds, including about 10 tomato varieties. I blame @TomK roflmbo I have to finish my list and then narrow it down to a handful of things :roll:
Mail delivery has been spotty--some things have taken 4 days to arrive, some have taken 3 weeks, but that's ok. It's kind of like getting twelve Xmas gifts, but only being able to open one per week. It extends the anticipation and enjoyment :lol:

Return to “Gardening”