Feral pigeon pest control hunt

JP*
On the Roost

Post by JP* » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:06 am

I have watched a bunch of video's on youtube about Airguns. Teds Overhold are my favourites. The guy is funny and a great shot, plus he is a respectful shooter/hunter. The air rifles have made huge advances in the last decade. I shoot a .177 with lead pellets just under 1000fps. Good for squirrel hunting and nabbed a few pigeons when they are on the ground or perched. It will go through a tin/steel/galvalum roof though at close distances.

I miss more shots than I make too :)

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:29 am

Thanks for the info guys, I don't want my next post to be "How to patch tin roof" lol. Many years ago I used to borrow my cousins pellet gun so I know it will work but I heard the guns are stronger now. Unfortunately my eyes are not stronger and I shake a little now so I'm expecting many misses myself.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:21 am

Any air gun over 500 fps you have to have a firearms license to have/buy . That's why the ones sold at most non guns only stores are 475 fps . Luck skinny rooster
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Sharon MacDuff
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Sharon MacDuff » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:17 pm

I just need to make sure Im very clear on shooting pigeons on a farm!! Its open season.. all year round.. right??? Because me and the boys are headed out saturday for a shoot out!! They are nesting in a barn and yes.. Pigeon crap all over our bails and our machinery! I JUST WANNA BE 100°/• SURE ITS LEGAL!

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:35 pm

Yep as long as you can legally discharge a firearm / pellet gun in the area your shooting them there is no season & no limit in Ont on them , no small game permit needed . . I don't know of other provinces .
Breast meat is good to eat too . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Sherly22
Newly Hatched Chick

Re: Feral pigeon pest control hunt

Post by Sherly22 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:51 am

Hello..

I'll try them out. I've utilized dead feathered creatures as imitations, yet never given much idea to how they're set. What's more, the zone decently fast tops off with shot winged animals in a wide range of stances. I've discovered when there are a great deal of the arbitrary dead around, crisp winged creatures frequently drift and take off.

kaira22
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by kaira22 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:03 am

Hey,

Pest control is for protecting humans from the bugs and insect. Feral pigeon pest hunt is a great way for pest control.

poultry_admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by poultry_admin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:28 am

I have locked this topic. It draws too many spammers wanting to change the topic to a discussion on merits of guns. :susel:
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

Return to “Hunting and Fishing”