Information IMPORTANT-ALL FIREARMS OWNERS

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

IMPORTANT-ALL FIREARMS OWNERS

Post by Killerbunny » Wed May 06, 2020 8:22 pm

I do not want this to turn political but this is something we all need to be aware of and is very disturbing.
https://www.csaaa.org/blair-bans-12-gau ... ng-rifles/
We have dealt with ED Burlew in the past when we were target shooters dealing with gun ranges.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Re: IMPORTANT-ALL FIREARMS OWNERS

Post by ross » Thu May 07, 2020 9:06 am

Yep KB very scary Authoritarian times with this gov & the ineptness of this Minister. I’ve been following it closing & posting many articles on my FB page about this . The CCFR of which I’m a member are putting together a constitutional law suit as we speak . Blair says no but words in ban says yes banned . Next is handguns then my .22 & single shot shotgun . UN laws are pushing this & JTs dad started it in the 70s . A lot more to this than meets the eyes please all gun & non gun owners read this DOES effect you & your freedoms . This being pushed thru at a time of open sores in NS murders where none of banned guns was used , all but one was smuggled in from US & the one “Canadian “ gun was taken from the dead officer he shot . Also this gov is a minority gov & bypassed the parliamentary Democratic system we live by to a “Order in council ,” & passed by gov appointed Gov General & supported by PQ & NDP . Gov agenda is “ nobody should have firearms cept army & police . “
Police so gov can have security guards . More but ran out of fingers . PLEASE PLEASE read this effects all Canadians For or Against firearms . At a time of pandemic & frayed nerves absolutely dispicable no debate just scare tactics . Your backyard chickens could be next cause your taking money from the large egg producers at this pandemic & recovery time . We’re ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
PS this has to do your country , your freedoms if this goes forward as a test case the New Normal as they call it will be ... scary to say the least . KB I appreciate you putting this on ive been waiting for it a lot a folks have no idea the FULL ramifications & this could happen with any party so it is political. 2 things 1/how it was brought in & 2/ what lies were told to verify need .Even an Air Soft gun & a pellet rifle because of looks have been caught I’ll im this ban . Proof they don’t know which of what they talk .
Attachments
580C3C26-A78D-4647-A636-4846B57342FC.jpeg
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Thu May 07, 2020 12:12 pm

yes, this is very troubling, how this was rammed through - especially during covid-19 and restricted freedoms already....I've already signed the petition going around, and I am happy to see that this does not include shotguns (10g, 12g) as of yet, and I sure hope the OFAH and shooting groups get on board and start/keep making a stink over it. I'm not saying that i disagree with the anti-aircraft guns being banned etc, but this is NOT the way that it should have been done. This is not the democratic process. AND this is NOT the government that we should have (I didn't vote liberal just saying). But on the flip side maybe this will get all those people out to vote that haven't bothered. Sigh. One creeping step at a time on the social liberties....I can understand the covid restrictions, but ramming this through all of a sudden - it is not covid related and should not have been allowed to happen.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Thu May 07, 2020 12:40 pm

Unfortunatly there is a wrinkle in it that DOES include shotguns if the bore is greater than 20mm. This is a problem for guns with chokes because with the choke out it can exceed that. Shocked the you know what out of me.
Mutt chickens for eggs

WLLady

Post by WLLady » Thu May 07, 2020 2:05 pm

This has now been clarified by the government-it is the bore diameter, not the choke thread diameter. No matter how hard someone tries they will not get a 20mm anything down a 10g shotgun bore. It's measured in front of the action, and behind the choke. That's the definition of the bore of a muzzle.....It does not include the choke thread diameter.
So 10g and 12g with removable choke are not included.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Thu May 07, 2020 2:10 pm

Thanks for the clarification!
Mutt chickens for eggs

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Thu May 07, 2020 2:16 pm

Not what the paper rules say Kathy
Says measurement with choke out should be no more than 20mm
If wrong interpretation wording should be change & as for your comment hopefully in jest about anti air craft guns now banned they’ve been banned for ever this is about self loading / semiautomatic centre fire rifles in original shape(wood) & variants of same in black with things added to look scary . This ban will NOT keep any of these 5 bullet magazines rifles out of criminals hands with an open border to US which we have & native reserves being a funnel for illegal arms & not subject to this ban .

WLLady

Post by WLLady » Thu May 07, 2020 2:49 pm

no but it is in print from the government which is a legal.communication. they are clarifying....and i totally agree that it is not going to stop the illegal guns in any way shape or form. i didnt say i agreed with it...and i dont and i sure dont agree with how it was done. but the fact that the gov said they are working on clarifying the wording is good and their release that its the bore not the threads of the coke at least means they heard people....and theres a legal action suit filed now against it.....

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Thu May 07, 2020 2:54 pm

I’ll believe it when I see it in binding writing with this gov
Even a air soft gun & a pellet rifle cause of looks got caught up up in this wide sweep of powers what else is in there . No turkey sighted today but a buddy said he saw a hen with 9 chicks today .

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Thu May 07, 2020 3:03 pm

As far as the law suit it’s by the CCFR the only one that’s for all firearms owners not just hunters or sport shooters . I belong to CCFR (all fire arms ) & OFHA ( hunting guns ) the 3 one is CSSA I’m not a member but their mandate is sports shooters guns . To bad all can’t work to gether on this .

Return to “Hunting and Fishing”