Disturbing.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Disturbing.

Post by Skinny rooster » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:24 pm

Not that I am a fan of coyotes, and I understand that some places they are really bad and desperately need to be controlled but I just watched something I found really cruel. It seems in some states they hunt coyotes with a snowmobile, basically they run over them and while the coyote is still a bit stunned, the guy will jump off, grab them by the back legs, swing them up into the air slamming them onto their backs until he beats it to death this way. I found that gruesome, I kill things but I don't want anything to suffer, I try to make it as quick as possible. Like some other states the guys use a snowmobile but when they catch up to the coyote they shoot it so it dies immediately. I don't have a problem with that. What do you think?

muffin57
Chatty Hen

Re: Disturbing.

Post by muffin57 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:54 pm

I think that is sick. What kind of person would do that? Just killing for the fun or thrill of it? Should be charged with animal cruelty.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:45 pm

Disgusting, give it a quick death.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:52 pm

I think anyone who can devalue life in such a way has the capacity to devalue any and all life. Such a person is dangerous and should be locked up in the interest of public safety.
Cruel.

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:08 pm

I agree; that way of killing an animal is cruel. Interesting that those guys can manoeuvre a snowmobile well enough to hit a coyote. And this is in the states? Where anyone can buy a gun? It just doesn't make sense. Those guys have anger management issues. The other disturbing thing is that it was either posted online, filmed, or on TV, thus glamorizing it.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:25 pm

Anyone can buy a gun here too Kim Chick . Not necessarily legal same as in states and yes I don't believe in killing anything that way unless that's all that's available & it's heading out the lane with a kid , my dog etc .
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:31 pm

ross wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:25 pm
Anyone can buy a gun here too Kim Chick . Not necessarily legal same as in states and yes I don't believe in killing anything that way unless that's all that's available & it's heading out the lane with a kid , my dog etc .
True. But first, legally, you have to take the CFSC to get a PAL. Not sure what you have to do in the states to legally possess a firearm for killing vermin.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:46 pm

run over it? kill it by beating it to death? that seems waay too far fetched to be true.

in Ontario its not legal to shoot a gun from a vehicle: be it atv, tractor, truck, snowmoblie etc. there is a provision in some states for people with disabilities and there may be here as well. many animals are not afraid of vehicles and you can get much closer than you would walking.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:50 pm

It's the same here in Ont Baron . I have one to shoot from a stationary vehicle but must obey all the other hunting laws which Ont. MNRF enforces not the Feds .
Last edited by ross on Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:56 pm

KimChick wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:31 pm
ross wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:25 pm
True. But first, legally, you have to take the CFSC to get a PAL. Not sure what you have to do in the states to legally possess a firearm for killing vermin.
Some states nothing & other stars similar to ours but not exact .
What a lot a folks don't understand about the U.S. Is that unlike here in Canada the Feds do not set the laws the states do or don't & even have to obey the Feds. Law . Just like the anti sanctuary law for illegal aliens made by the Feds Some states don't abide . Their system of government is so different then ours I find it hard to know how they even operate .

Return to “Hunting and Fishing”