Bay of Quinte Fall Walleye

JimW
Head Chicken
Answers: 2

Post by JimW » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:58 pm

I take small groups of my high school students on various fishing trips during the year. Today we decided to do something different, Fall Walleye fishing on the Bay of Quinte. I usually fish the bay several times each fall, but I put my boat away early. So I took 3 of my students out with my fishing charter guide buddy, Greg Amiel (Fishing4Tails Guide Service)

We met Greg at 6:30 am after a 2 hour drive to Picton and fished until 3 pm. A lot of boats were having a slow day but Greg kept working until we figured out a pattern. My students had never fishing the Bay of Quinte and were not accustom to the fishing technique, but they did a great job. We ended up catching 9 or 10 walleye and lost another 6 fish. The 3 biggest were 9, 11 and 12 pounds.

Back out next Sunday, December 4th, with Greg and a couple friends to try out luck again before ice up. One or two more spots in the charter boat is anyone wants to go to Picton next Sunday for 6:30 am.

JimW
Quinte Nov 27 Two hand.jpg
Quinte Nov 27 Group.jpg
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator
Answers: 1

Post by thegawd » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:10 pm

WOW lOOk at those suckers!!! that is amazing Jim! you sure are one heck of an awesome teacher! We are supposed to have a very nice run of Walleye (we call them pickeral around these parts of Ontario) down the little rivers around here all winter just a few mins away and we have an extended season inland when its usually closed. theres been some nice ones caught in Sarnia I hear on the St. Clair River but I haven't made my way out to give it a shot yet.

thats AWESOME! good luck on your next adventure!

:beer2:
Al

Home Grown Poultry

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:23 pm

Wow, big fish! I love Walleye, it's one of the few fish I'll actually eat lol. Congrats on nice catches!

JimW
Head Chicken
Answers: 2

Post by JimW » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:24 pm

thegawd wrote:QR_BBPOST WOW lOOk at those suckers!!! that is amazing Jim! you sure are one heck of an awesome teacher! We are supposed to have a very nice run of Walleye (we call them pickeral around these parts of Ontario) down the little rivers around here all winter just a few mins away and we have an extended season inland when its usually closed. theres been some nice ones caught in Sarnia I hear on the St. Clair River but I haven't made my way out to give it a shot yet.

thats AWESOME! good luck on your next adventure!

:beer2:
Ya I have fishing the Thames River down your way for pickeral and my buddy and I use to night fish the river in Sarnia from shore quite often.
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:24 am

Wow The kids must love you! Congratulations on your catch!

JP*
On the Roost

Post by JP* » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:41 am

Great looking fish. They are huge...half the length of a man by the pictures. :)

muffin57
Chatty Hen

Post by muffin57 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:25 pm

Wow, so nice. I never ever had a teacher take students fishing. They are fortunate to have you. I would love to have one of those mothers. lol

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:51 pm

Great Jim!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:41 pm

:congrats: on the awesome catch. Those are some nice looking fish and I am sure will taste great too!! :lunch:

argosgirl
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Post by argosgirl » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:44 pm

Nice fish! A day on the water with Greg is definitely on my wish list. I wanted to go to the salmon school him and Gavin Cameron ran this year, but I didn't have time. Glad you had a great day on the water!
R & D Acres - facebook.com/randdacres
:karate:

Return to “Hunting and Fishing”