Buck down!!!

Post by ross » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:11 pm

Umm , sent mine to the butcher , waiting for call . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Buck down!!!

Post by Skinny rooster » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:31 pm

Hey so you're kinda badass! Lol. I don't hunt so maybe I don't get the thrill but for example this morning when I go outside and discover that the deer decided to go into my garden by jumping into my six foot fence and tear it down to the ground, then decide to leave by smashing into it on the opposite side until they remember to exist where they tore down the chicken wire in the first place, causing me to spend my Saturday morning fixing that instead of my other chores, I say get them guys, get them all, hahaha! Deer-B-Q!!!!!

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Buck down!!!

Post by ross » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:12 am

That's not the way we look at it . We don't hate them for what they do . Here as other places I build stronger better fences , housing etc to control the damage . It's all part of conservation , keeping the population under control & putting fresh meat on the table by our own hands . Same as coyotes I don't kill um cause I hate what they do to my critters that's what they do I just try to keep the population in check so they prey on wildlife & not my animals . If we shoot a coyote then that's many deer lives saved so we should harvest deer so they don't become over populated . It's the balance of nature & as long as the MNR does their job on control of #s taken , applying the laws & by boots on the ground & scientific evidence not opinions from the heart we can do it . I love to sit outside at night & listen to the coyotes howl . My shepherd howls back at um . Nature at its best . . Conservation by commerce .
Luck all
PS if having trouble with deer on fences put another fence with electric tape but not necessarily hooked up to fencer 3 ' out in front of your 6' fence . Confuses deer vision balance & they won't jump in /over . Luck

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Buck down!!!

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:23 am

Yup same here Ross, I'm just kidding with you guys, I don't hate them. Well this morning I wanted to ship them all elsewhere for awhile. Same as I never shoot a Fox, they are better than cats for mice and cute too.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Buck down!!!

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:27 am

Plus the guys I let hunt here have your attitude, I would never let in a bunch of yahoos that just liked to drink beer and kill things, on my farm. They are very in tune with nature.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Buck down!!!

Post by ross » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:26 am

Skinny rooster wrote:QR_BBPOST Plus the guys I let hunt here have your attitude, I would never let in a bunch of yahoos that just liked to drink beer and kill things, on my farm. They are very in tune with nature.

Good stuff , nice to hear .

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Buck down!!!

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:27 am

I know of a "magical" addition you can add to your fence. Tape from a VCR tape strung around the fence emits a funky noise from the wind that deters deer. I got this from a magazine: Harrowith or Mother Earth news.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

argosgirl
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Buck down!!!

Post by argosgirl » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:02 am

Congrats! Nice way to fill the freezer!
R & D Acres - facebook.com/randdacres
:karate:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Buck down!!!

Post by WLLady » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:18 am

I have also heard old vhs tape (unwound from the cassette of course!) works too! Cut into lengths and tied to the fence.
I have seen 14 does this year and not taken any of them...because i know the antlerless tags were down this year and deer numbers are apparently down (i havent personally seen that...but) so i was waiting and hoping for a buck so the girls can go and have kids for next year....this was the first buck i have seen this year. Guys hunting first and second muzzleloader are going to hit the rut square this year!!
I was kinda hoping to see my monster buck again but i guess not this year unless martin gets him. He is going out first muzzleloader week this coming week.
BUT skinny rooster-yes i AM badass lol. :karate: I cant fight my way out of a wet paper bag today but i do have my moments lol. :rofl:

Why do i hunt? So i can sleep. And relax. And get the work week out of my head. And smell the damp earthy smell of leaves on the ground. To see the birds and critters. To laugh at the squirrels and chipmunks. Watch the woods change over the year. Provide for my family-great organic grain fed meat lol. To learn about the animals. Watch them...listen to them...managing to get a deer with a good shot and harvest it and take it home is added bonus. Its not the killing....its the infinite period of time in that nanosecond before the shot where there is nothing-no sound, no heartbeat, no time, no smells, just me and the deer....its the only time my head is quiet....totally silent.
I dont know if other people get that....but i do and it seems to reset my soul or something being out in mother nature-out in the elements that we cannot hope to control but living and being and doing successfully.

I am thankful for just getting out this year...and for putting enough food in the freezer for us and then some-if the zombie apocolypse happens we wont starve....lol. i may head out with my camera again to get some photos but theres so much to do here at home!!!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Buck down!!!

Post by ross » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:42 am

Yep agree 100% Kathy. Now to circle the tread mills again & be ready for the Zombies .
Hmmm with Kathy Windmills High jacked hydro prices this year I'm gonna look for solar hook up to tread mills & auto on when they climb aboard . HaHeee have a good one . Luck
Attachments
image.jpeg

Return to “Hunting and Fishing”