Buck down!!!

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Buck down!!!

Post by ross » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:47 am

Pics on game camera ..one with weird brow tine.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Last edited by ross on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Buck down!!!

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:58 am

Wow! Finally I have a reason to use all those broken VHS tapes that I never throw away, you know because I going to somehow fix them one day. I really did lol when you said to unwind them because I pictured some city person sticking cassette cases on posts and wondering why it wasn't working, hahaha. Should I feel "old" because my spell check doesn't recognise "VCR" or "VHS" ? WL Lady, it's a beautiful sunny day and not many of those left, there will always be chores, so out you get! Lol.

Zombie apocalypse, you guys crack me up!!! Now how sad is it that zombie apocalypse is in my spell check but not VCR.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Buck down!!!

Post by WLLady » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:38 am

My spell check also doesnt like bluray....so....does that mean they are going obsolete too?

Holy buck ross!! Hes awesome!!! Bet that brow tine was double with one broken!! I should get my camera hung up...somewhere lol.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Buck down!!!

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:25 pm

:deer: WLlady :beer:

" it's a beautiful sunny day and not many of those left, there will always be chores, so out you get! Lol. " Skinny Rooster

so I took Skinny's advice and went out for a hunt with my weapon, my dog and my trusty steed, and this one didn't get away!
image.jpg
Attachments
image.jpg
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Buck down!!!

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:06 pm

Ok back to WLLady's awesome moment. I was just thinking today that to see a buck at this time of year is almost as slim as seeing a unicorn and for one to come out and you got him is a total awesome moment that is not even lost on this none hunter, congrats!

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Buck down!!!

Post by baronrenfrew » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:44 am

:hijacked: :focus:

What? i don't get to steal this thread?

All I want is for someone to pat me on the head, give me a biscuit and say good boy!

:deer: :coolguy: :beer: :karate: Kathy!

What more can I say?
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Buck down!!!

Post by WLLady » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:15 am

LOL. <pat> <pat> great job baron!

Actually it is a great job, i look at your tractor bucket and then grab my back in sympathy!!!! that should keep you warm for a while! it is nice to have a good tractor, and a good saw and a great work buddy. :-)

skinny rooster, the rut is JUST starting, so buck activity will only pick up for the next couple of weeks. today is our first muzzle loader week, and my hubby is itching to get out :-) we only saw one group of hunters out this morning, a lot are thinking it's too warm, but my buck had a full winter coat already, and lots of fat on him, so they're ready....
I just pooched around the farm yesterday....mostly up near the house. had someone drop off a rooster that had gone MEAN in return for a new younger nicer replacement....so i checked out this rooster last night and he is mean, something off between the ears....actually looks like he's tangled with something and taken a neck or head injury, not too long ago, so he'll be freezer camped probably, or just turned loose to run the farm-come what may...he can become the farm mascot or something if he settles down-we don't have kids so i'm not worried about kids being attacked. but i will not breed him because of the attitude. just in case.

so. hubby is on ML this week, fingers crossed! i made sausages yesterday, stuffed casings, and all that. so that's hamburger patties, sausages and steak done. next deer will go for a roast or two (but only a couple, we don't eat a lot of roast) and some stewing "beef", and probably some ground and steak of course-that's the only thing to do with the backstraps and loins!
and i'm crossing my fingers for him to get a nice buck, or even a nice doe....he has an antlerless tag, so whatever he decides. :-)
then we have a group coming for second ML week, and then we shut down deer hunting on our property. 2 ML and bow and that's it.

looks like an awesome day! and i hear Ross got his deer back from the butcher :-) YAY!
we're all set. :-)
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Buck down!!!

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:10 am

Heard 2 shots about 3 mins apart this am, about 1/2 hr into the season. I'm thinking Bruce (our neighbour) got one!
Hope so.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Buck down!!!

Post by ross » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:27 pm

Watch rooster heh Kathy . Yep pepperettes are great . Off to Docs for flue shot & before winter checkup . Have a good one all . Enjoy the sun . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

muffin57
Chatty Hen

Buck down!!!

Post by muffin57 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:40 pm

Congratulations WLLady! So awesome! I hope you recover soon.

Return to “Hunting and Fishing”