Attachments
image.jpeg
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator
Answers: 1

Soup !!!

Post by thegawd » Tue May 31, 2016 9:21 pm

Me to Ross, me to! spent 4 hours out there tonight. i packed everything up around 6:30. nothing. not a peep. i only ever saw 1 hen and never even heard a gobble. oh well. LOL. they were there all winter until I scared them away cutting wood. time for fishing LOL.

:beer:
Al

Home Grown Poultry

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Soup !!!

Post by ross » Tue May 31, 2016 9:40 pm

Yep time to hang the corn feeder back out & start fattening up the rabbits & squirrels for fall harvest ..

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Soup !!!

Post by WLLady » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:46 am

sorry guys! hopefully in the fall it'll be better luck for you!
we had a buck run across the road in front of us this morning with antlers...big ones already! don't think i'll be deer hunting this fall...need to clean out the freezer a little bit first. i'm sure hubby will be out! and we have a group of guys we let on the property every fall too that are super guys, they usually take a couple out. last year they got 2 little bucks out, and hubby took another little buck. lots of deer to go around! haven't heard the yotes for a while either which is nice i must admit. haven't seen them and haven't been missing any birds either! novelty!
saw some jackbunnies in the field the other day....couldn't figure out who's dogs they were LOL. they had an EASY winter! HUGE animals! personally i like the cottontails better (not as stringy and tough)-sure seeing loads of them too these days. hubby has 1 tag soup coming up....only filled one turkey seal this spring. i do think the turkeys are getting smarter :-) we are training them well!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Soup !!!

Post by ross » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:03 am

Yep I always do jack rabbits in the pressure cooker . Notice I said I Donnas scared of it . As far as turkeys my best spot across road got sold & lots a work done this spring cleaning up bush this , season , kinda messed turkeys up . We have only rights to hunt so maybe come fall . No house just corn land & sand pit for dairy cow footing , bedding . On to coyotes & gophers & pigeons , pest control Luck

Return to “Hunting and Fishing”