Question Permission to hunt!!!

Moerab613
Newly Hatched Chick

Permission to hunt!!!

Post by Moerab613 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:54 am

:wave: helloz,

The past 2 years i got skunked really hard in trying to hunt Waterfowl, i searched up and down and was very hard to find public land to hunt waterfowl, i also dont have a boat to travel through the water to public land, so I thought id go and ask farmers permission to hunt on their land but I always get nervous since i never done that before and start to think about a million things such as maybe this farmer had bad experience with hunters and pissed at them or anything els, so I thought maybe ill ask on here for some ideas and tips and if possible anybody here knows a farmer or anybody with land that i could get permission id really appreciate it, I live in Ottawa and willing to do 1-2sh hr drive!

Thank you for any help i can get !

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Re: Permission to hunt!!!

Post by ross » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:46 pm

First off join an association like OFAH which has a large liability policy if you don’t have one yourself then make yourself up a small but precise resume who you are where you’re from family not too long so they can read it there then go dressed like a normal human being not like rambo & go ahead and knock on piles of doors be polite also share part of your game with the landowner
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Return to “Hunting and Fishing”