Flow Hive

Bobbi
On the Roost

Flow Hive

Post by Bobbi » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:17 pm

Been eyeing this since it started crowdfunding. Very neat and now available to order through Toronto.

Although the US exchange is crazy now and I will be waiting until the dollar balances outb before purchasing.

http://www.honeyflow.com/shop/flow-hive ... nada/p/189
:broodyhen:

Lynners
Newly Hatched Chick

Flow Hive

Post by Lynners » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:17 pm

I actually bought three of their frames when they first came on the scene. I'm getting bees this early summer, so I don't plan to use them this year while I get used to the bee keeping thing (plus I'm not expecting to harvest any honey this year??). But the tech is pretty neat and I'm looking forward to trying them out for 2017!

Bobbi
On the Roost

Flow Hive

Post by Bobbi » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:10 pm

Let me know how it goes when you do try them!
:broodyhen:

Bakers Backyard
Newly Hatched Chick

Flow Hive

Post by Bakers Backyard » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:29 pm

As someone who already keeps bees, some of the advertising was off to me and more geared to people with no beekeeping experience... Using flow frames to avoid "stressing" the bees is just silliness because you have to open and manipulate the hive on a semi regular basis in order to inspect the hive for various things all summer long... harvesting honey is the least of the problems. The idea is neat, and as long as they are used carefully they could be a great tool, but I'm glad you plan to learn to keep bees without them first, you'll be a better beekeeper for it. I plan to wait and see how the flow hive frames hold up over a few years of use before I'd consider them, but I think for the scale I want to work at I could never afford to use them extensively. I hope they work for you Lynners! Please share your experiences when you do get using them :)

Return to “Beekeeping”