Do You Ever Feel Like You're Being Watched

Let's see them!!!!
Forum rules
Any images that depict illegal acts or subject manner will be removed. You retain rights to your photos but by posting them here you also are agreeing to giving rights to PTO to remove or alter these pictures (size adjustment for example) as needed. To maintain memory usage at a low level we are entertaining deleting photos after a certain time period which at this point will be determined by the time when we run out of data storage capacity.
kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:16 pm

Yeah most dogs hate being shaved, embarrassed I think, and for a golden with all those beautiful gold locks it's gotta be hard to lose them. It's like if we went in to the hairdressers and came out with a Mohawk when we really only wanted a trim!

SandyM

Post by SandyM » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:25 pm

I don't think he even knows he has long fur. Hes English so he didn't have curly fur. I should see if I can even find a picture of his crazy fur!! He's been shaved since he was 1 and he's turning 8 this year. But trust me when I say he is not embarrassed. LOL. It's an emotion dogs do not know, it's us silly humans that put those on to dogs.

When you tell him he's going to see Julie he grabs his leash in mouth and sits at the door. He adores her. (Julie is the groomer.)

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:32 pm

Oh I do think they feel embarrassed, we had a bishon f. we showed her and when we no longer did that we shaved her down as she matted easily. She hid away she was so upset after a while she came around and got over it. The next time we trimmed her I warned everyone ahead of time to tell her how beautiful she was and make a big fuss of how lovely she looked, what a difference that made.At first she wanted to hide but I had the leash on her and dragged her out, everyone made a big fuss of how beautiful she looked, she started dancing around and that was the end of her trying to hide. After that every time she got a trim we always made a fuss telling her she looked beautiful and she never hid again.

I used to be a dog groomer and I have seen the behaviour many times, dogs do have a sense of themselfs and I've seen that when dogs meet dogs of their own breed ,they seem to recognise that those dogs look like them and gravitate towards them. They may not have mirrors but they know.

SandyM

Post by SandyM » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:37 am

We can agree to disagree. I'm good with that. I have dog behaviour from school and also have followed the teachings of Cesar Milan for well over a decade.

Many different ways and preferences out there. To each their own:)

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:29 am

LOL. i had a part bouvier part st bernard. he looked like a monster feathered golden retriever with drool to boot.
he got fleas something horrible the one year, and we had to spray the entire house and all that when i was a kid, so my mom took him to a "doggie place" for a dip and trim. they put a purple bow on his collar to show he'd been dipped....that's how they marked the "dippers" for the "clippers" they said. he slunk to the car scraping his belly on the ground and tried to crawl under the back seat. my mom was "oh, he's so cute with the bow"...i swear the look he gave her could have curdled milk. i cut the bow off his collar and he bounced up and was the same ol' dog again. LOL. when he got out of hand at home all we had to do was get the purple bow out-put it on the table or the counter, and he'd go and lay down right away. he obviously didn't enjoy the dip OR the bow....LOL
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Return to “Photos”